Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found these photos a while ago, and scanned them today. These are just a few of the dogs from my early childhood.

Skipper II. This was my grandfather's dog.

This is baby Skipper II (circa early mid-70's)

Casey, left, and Billy Jo, right. This photo was taken in 1984. Casey had to be tied up sometimes because he was a notorious chicken killer. The neighbors would just shoot at him when they say him in their yard. We had 10 acres, and nobody had fences. Our neighbors dog, Casey's good buddy Yogi, was shot for robbing chickens. Maybe it was the era or just where we lived (on a farm in the country) that made it okay to do things like that.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
That first pic is really great! My grandpa had this really ugly dog named Snoopy. He was a weird mix of some kind but he always told everyone that the breed was called a California Black EYE. My grandpa was kind of a jokester and he had an oil painting done of the dog and hung it in the living room for like 25 years. When My grandpa passed away 6 years ago, my grandma asked if Iwanted anything and I told her that I had to have that painting. I have it hanging in my office. I want to get paintings made of my dogs to put up and my parents' old dogs to sort of carry on the tradition. I think it would be great.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chico.Heidi said:
That first pic is really great! My grandpa had this really ugly dog named Snoopy. He was a weird mix of some kind but he always told everyone that the breed was called a California Black EYE. My grandpa was kind of a jokester and he had an oil painting done of the dog and hung it in the living room for like 25 years. When My grandpa passed away 6 years ago, my grandma asked if Iwanted anything and I told her that I had to have that painting. I have it hanging in my office. I want to get paintings made of my dogs to put up and my parents' old dogs to sort of carry on the tradition. I think it would be great.
That's a great idea. I wish I had pics of all of our family dogs. They're pretty much part of the family too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts