Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prior to me rescuing Potato (amstaff/boxer mix, 3 years old Female , sweetheart, but def an alpha female with same sex aggressiveness ) I used to dogsit my sister's shar pei Rocky (OLD, 14 years old Male, deaf, sweetheart and TOTAL submissive) while they go on their vacations... this year she asked me again, and I hesititantly said okay... I said okay because

1.) potato has met rocky many times... she ignores him (its very obvious that he's super submissive around her, in fact he kind of just whines around her) and once in a while tries to play with him (playbow and jump around him) but him being 14 years old he kind of just stands there and whines.

2.)they are female/male so her same sex aggressiveness will not happen.

3.) I crate potato regularly while I'm at work, I plan to section off the kitchen for rocky while putting potato in the crate in the living room during the day.

4.)I'm also planning on walking them seperatly. Potato First, then Rocky. I want to enforce that hiearchy as much as possible. therefore, potato gets fed, then rocky (currently I feed her from my hand, may have to do the same w/ rocky)

what do you guys think? I grew up w/ rocky and love him dearly and trust him to not be aggressive (he was part of a litter that belonged to the entire family, he was the friendliest and most easy going of hte bunch)

worse comes to worse, I might have to board potato (my sister never crated rocky and we fear that at his age the stress will kill him)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
i believe it can work
though you might need to keep them seperated if something ugly happens
seperate rooms and all that
just keep an eye on them andwatch for trouble signs

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Biscanton said:
i believe it can work
though you might need to keep them seperated if something ugly happens
seperate rooms and all that
just keep an eye on them andwatch for trouble signs
that's the plan... I'll put rocky in the kitchen with a gate and potato in a crate in the living room.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Also, when you leave the house keep them in their secure areas.
Don't leave them unattended together.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'd never leave them alone together, keep up the pack order with Potato as dominant. Rocky being so elderly wouldn't stand much chance if a fight took place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts