Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

Should a rule be applied to DOM that if you win you have to wait a month before posting your dog aga

• Yes, it is only fair to others.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it is a contest, everyone should be able to win repeatedly.

• I could not care less either way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran a poll about the 50 posts rule and someone brought up that a lot of the same dogs win the contests. I think that it would be a good idea to wait a month before reposting that dog in the contests with the exception of the speciality contest. Give me your opinions, Mods, Root, and all.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
I definitely think it's a good idea! When Chopper won I waited a few months before I entered him again. Jazzy won the Summer Fun comp so I didn't enter her in a few of the others. I think it should be done as a courtesy to others.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Definitly... there are sooooo many dogs on this forum I think they should all be given a chance. Kate won in December I believe and I haven't entered her since

·
Registered
147 Posts
Pinkie won Queen for July and tied for lady in August
I was so happy when she won the contest in July knowing her back ground, I bragged all over the Internet.
The tie for August was a surprise but non the less made me smile again.
I didn't enter her this month because she had already won, it was enough for me to know that she could win the dog of the month photo contest.
Thank you all who voted for her again I'm so proud of her.
But all things set aside I do think that if your dog has won the contest that you should not post for awhile to let others win the contest as well.
Its just a good feeling to know that your dog has won something even if its only bragging rights.
Vote for Pinkie Here if you would if she wins the money will be donated to rescue to help save more dogs like Pinkie

http://www.bulldogbreeds.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=10128

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is a great idea but I doubt that it will fly. Maybe after this pole is done, I will post options about how to do it?

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
cannon said:
I think there should be 12 different dogs for Dog/Puppy of the Year. Gives everyone a fair shake. So I would say, you win a month, you are done until next year.
I know I'm still kinda new but I agree with this then you could take all 12 winners and have a dog of the year contest

1 - 12 of 12 Posts