Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took Jezabel to the dog park for the first time, was kinda scared to do it with her being a pup and all but we saddled up and headed out -- When we first got there, there was a few dogs a Boxer, A giant poodle, two little terrier types (one jack russell I think and the other one was a rat terrier) and another bull dogge with a funny name like allolpolza or something beuatiful female. Jezabel scampered in and began playn fine till the rat terrier decided to get snippy well Jezabel thought it was playing and just bounced back and forth I called her over to me and she followed no problem but then the rat came at her snarling and snipping - well the Boxer stepped between the two as to say relax well the rat bit him on the lip then went after Jez. Everybody grabbed their dog except for the rats owner who was like he'll stop when he gets tired well the boxer had enough and stepped on it then knocked it over then the owner came in an grabbed it. He took his dog and left after which everybody checked their dogs and let them go. I feeling like jezabel innocently started it went to leave when the owner of the bull and boxer said no let her get used to playing - after that she played fine a few more dogs showed up APBT and AMBull it was just like one big bull fest with jezabel being the baby of the group.

Why is it alll the bullies got along and the rat spoiled the fun?

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I don't recommend dog parks.Thats how trouble starts and your dog may have not been the one in trouble today but very easily could be the next time you go.My advice is to stay clear of dog parks.

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
I don't reccomend dog parks. But personally, as puppies, I don't think it's a big problem, just watch out for dog aggression in other dogs because you don't want your puppy to have a bad experience with another dog. Socializing is good though. A good solution to not going to dog parks, is to go to puppy playgroups where an dog instructor/behaviorist is watching. It usually cost bewteen $15-$25 for half and hour of play time. You can find one by just looking in your area. I would not zone dogs out totally though, the more dogs and people your puppy meets, the better she'll be when she gets older. :wink:

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Rat Terriers are nasty little buggers (no offense to anyone who has one). I have yet to meet a Rattie that is pleasent. :?

I agree that dog parks for adult bullies is not that great of a thing. But for a pup, it could be a good opprotunity for socilazation. Besure to keep your baby with in arms reach, and be very attentive to the other dogs there. An incident with another dog at this point in her life, could mess her up in the head (not to mention physically) for the rest of her life.

That's kinda cool that the boxer stepped in between Jezabel and the Rattie. Kinda like protecting the baby from the angry short guy. :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts