Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have a remedy for dry paws and a small belly rash (hot spots)?

I've heard of baby oil for dry skin but not much else.

Any help is good, thanks. :lol:

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
I use Utter Butter on Mags' paws - otherwise I have also used Paw Wax - you can get either at most pet stores - just rub it into the paws really well once or twice a day. As far as hotspots go ---- if he is biting at them use bitter Apple - if it is just irritated I use vaseline but watch so he doesnt lick it off!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet! Thanks for the info. I won't have to worry about her licking it off, cuz' she's too chubby to reach her belly!

:biggrin:

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Animax ointment is prescription, but is good stuff. It's just like Neosporin, but has something in it that the dogs don't like the taste of, I think. When I used it on Buster, he never once tried to lick it off. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks mucho!

I put some baby powder on her belly rash last night before she went to bed. When she got up this morning it was all gone! :lol:

Her paw pad has what looks like a straight crack in it, but doesn't bleed or cause her any pain, is this normal? :?:

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
ICON said:
Thanks mucho!

I put some baby powder on her belly rash last night before she went to bed. When she got up this morning it was all gone! :lol:

Her paw pad has what looks like a straight crack in it, but doesn't bleed or cause her any pain, is this normal? :?:
Mags gets a lot of cracks in her paws - esp in the winter here or when we do a lot of walking or running - they usually dont get bad enough to bleed but sometimes they do with Mags --- just keep them moisturized and its no problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts