Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
went from 4 cups a day to 2 and 1/2. stool is a bit harder now. i'll report back with progress again in a few days. thanks again everybody.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Kate said:
newpitowner said:
I feed Sam DVP Duck and Potato as well and I notice from time to time her BM's are soft and even a tad runny - but it's not all the time. Does that mean I should change? It could mean I need to monitor her portions better.
How do you feed her? I measure Kate's food with a cup that I don't fill all the way so sometimes I can't be as accurate and that is when I overfeed her the slightest bit.

If you are feeding her with something that is more accurate then my method then there is a chance it is the food. Is she able to get into stuff outside that might be causing the softness?
My method is hardly exact - I feed Sam about 3X a day a cup at a time (seems to be the way she perfers it) or at least 2X a day and I sort of eyeball it now. I used to measure it and then one day I couldn't find my measuring cup so I just eyeballed it and never really stopped. I will be sure to be more exact from now on and see if anything changes. As far as outside stuff - there isn't much for her to get into and if she's eating her own poop ( :pukeright: ) I'd be surprised as there doesn't seem to be a shortage when I go pick it up... :? Thanks for your input - I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
day 4 shows promising results. solid stool the is darker than it was before. i'm thinking that coming back from the kennel, he ate some science diet, which wasn't as rich as dvp. so i went back to feeding him dvp too fast and he wasn't used to it. so i think we are good to go now. i wil come back with results in a week or less. thanks eveyrbody.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.