Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just on the DVP website and saw that they now offer a ready to feed Raw Diet. It is only available in a few states so far and mine isn't one, but that is an awesome idea. The only reason I don't feed Deuce raw is b/c I am afraid I would mess up and not do it right. If it comes all ready it is hard to mess up and much more convenient. I think if it becomes more widely available a lot more informed owners will switch.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Just check the ingredients. If it's like other manufactured dog food, who knows what might be in it. The writer of the BARF diet books also has pre-made raw foods, and I think it's available everywhere (http://barfworld.com/). I started with these many years ago with my golden retreiver just to see how she'd react to the diet.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I looked at the ingredients, but I don't know much about the raw diet so I can't say yea or nay. I would like someone to give it a glance and tell me what they think. Someone who knows about the raw diet. I just liked this one b/c you can buy it at stores, not just online. And DVP makes really good dry dog food, so I would think the quality would be good.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Same, I figured since they have such a good reputation that the quality must be pretty good, but I would also lilke to see reviews on it.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is a new product that is currently only available in southern California, Arizona, Nevada, Hawaii and Michigan.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
They sell it at a couple of stores in my area. It looks like it's pretty good quality. All the premade stuff is really expensive though. I started my dogs with Nature's Variety patties and those almost broke the bank!!!! :shock: I joined a co-op that Care referred me to and I can get lots of diferent types of meat on there for a dollar a pound. Those patties are usually around $4 a lb. I would recomend trying to find a co-op in your area. They will usually get the premade grounds through the club and the prices are much lower.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.