Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've always heard that when a dog eats grass it's b/c it has an upset stomach. is this right?

my EB tries to eat grass (she tries, but it looks more like flossing), she may get a bite here and there but nothing like a horse, lol....

but is this normal? or is it a sign that's she's sick?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I have a dog who loves to eat grass. :) She eats anything, really. Dirt, grass, bugs, etc. Does Baylee get sick after she eats grass? I had a dog growing up who would eat grass then come inside and lick all the dog hair off the carpet to make himself throw up.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bella_blue said:
I have a dog who loves to eat grass. :) She eats anything, really. Dirt, grass, bugs, etc. Does Baylee get sick after she eats grass? I had a dog growing up who would eat grass then come inside and lick all the dog hair off the carpet to make himself throw up.
bwhahahahaha!! sorry, the visual got me!!!

no, she can't really even get a bite, the way her jaws are made.... and she only eats the real tall pieces of grass... kinda cute to me, but the b/f said it will make her sick.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
You should have seen it in person! He was an old dog who had pancreatitis, so everything upset his tummy. He was always having to throw up.

If Baylee eats a lot of grass, she'll probably get sick (just like she would get sick from eat lots of anything), but if she just kind of grazes she should be fine. Bella nibbles on grass all the time and never gets sick from it.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
The question is...Do they eat grass because they have a tummy ache? or Do they eat grass and then get a tummy ache? That was one of the many questions that I have on my list of: What would I ask a dog if he/she could answer!

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what are your other questions??? lol

Zena is beautiful, we have a rescued AB.... she's about 7 now. Zena sounds a lot like India, with the tucked tail, i hope Zena grows out of it quickly!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
snarky said:
what are your other questions??? lol
Why do you walk in a circle around your bed before you go to sleep? Is it really an invisible force field that you are building?
Why do you like to roll in poop? How can you fall asleep so fast? What do you dream about? How can you stand the smell of dad's fart?...how can you stand the smell of your fart? Uhmmmm...I will have the rest later. I have so many!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Im very curious about the grass thing. Brodie has taken to eating a ton of grass lately, and he always throws it back up. Its nasty. . .

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Kate eats grass a lot when she is tired out from playing or something... I think the perspiration grass holds in it gives her some sort of satisfication

1 - 9 of 9 Posts