Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2 month old English bulldog sharpee mix and hes been having some breathing problems. I think hes fine but my fiance is freaking out so i was wondering if i could get some advice. Every now and again hell start hacking and it looks like hes dry heaving, nothing has every come out and there has been no change in his eating or his behavior. just a little hack and cough every now and again. his nose is really runny and im just assuming hes trying to blow his nose or something. Can someone tell me if this is normal or should i be worried and take him to the vet? Any help is greatly appreciated!! heres a picture of my new puppy!!

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
I would consult a vet. A runny nose isn't a normal thing for a dog. Not saying it's life or death, but something that needs to be evaluated by a vet. Combined with the cough, it sounds like it could be kennel cough. Here's some info on kennel cough, including a description of the symptoms:

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=2&cat=1556&articleid=452

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
What color is the nose discharge? A clear discharge is fine but a green or yellow needs to be seen by a vet. With an EB the coughing can be kennel cough/respiratory infection or quit possibly it could be a sign of elongated soft pallet. If all else turns up healthy with the vet this should be looked into. It's common in EB's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your help!! we just got back from the vet and he does have kennel cough, and was put on antibiotics. Weve also been giving him steam batgs to help with his breathing. His nose is really runny, but its all clear and the vet said thats normal. Again I really appreciate all of your help and i am looking forward to posting more on this board!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts