Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EB to AB and everything in between...

We have extreme bulldogs at each end with EB's and AB's and everything in the middle, what are we looking for in the middle are why are we having such trouble getting there?

Is there value in one or many breeds in between why or why not?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
case closed lol

I think that there should be something in between and I agree it should be a working line, I am sorry but I think the OEB is already a ruined breed.

I think the RB's have a decent chance if the breeders keep working them like they have.

·
Registered
584 Posts
case closed lol

I think that there should be something in between and I agree it should be a working line, I am sorry but I think the OEB is already a ruined breed.

I think the RB's have a decent chance if the breeders keep working them like they have.
If you have an OEB from the levitt blood line then you are fine!!

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
I'm not sure I agree that the RB is any better off than the OEB. Waaaayyy too many politics in the RB plus all the hush hush shut those f***ers up games.

David Leavitt? You realize he hasn't been involved in those dogs for years? He hasn't even owned a dog since I met him. LOL.
Some people might be doing right with the progeny off his dogs but OEB is a trendy dog, that always spells trouble.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OEB's are like giant pugs lol sorry but its true.

IDK what the solution is but I hope it picks a direction and I hope that someone in the bulldog community can make a HEALTHY, athletic, stable bulldog line.

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
I'm not sure I agree that the RB is any better off than the OEB. Waaaayyy too many politics in the RB plus all the hush hush shut those f***ers up games.
yuppers. When i posted on the RBKC board about Lolita and her effed up hips/knees, my post was deleted!!! i was told it was deleted b/c it was freaking out the other RB owners. Like they dont have a right to know!!!

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
OEB's are like giant pugs lol sorry but its true.

IDK what the solution is but I hope it picks a direction and I hope that someone in the bulldog community can make a HEALTHY, athletic, stable bulldog line.
Orson is FAAAR from a giant pug btw!

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I agree about the politics involved in the RBKC. There is only one RB breeder in the states that I will go on record saying that they work their dogs. I'll agree with Lucky to an extent with her pug statement. Far too many breeders are specifically breeding for a more EB OEB. There is a handful of OEB breeders that actively select for working traits by testing their dogs and plan breedings based on those tests. All of those breeders outcross to other breeds to ensure working traits are being kept, as there aren't enough candidates that are generational OEBs.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yuppers. When i posted on the RBKC board about Lolita and her effed up hips/knees, my post was deleted!!! i was told it was deleted b/c it was freaking out the other RB owners. Like they dont have a right to know!!!
What health problems does Lolita have and what kennel did she come from (if you don't mind me asking) PM me if you want.

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
she came from big river kennels (now defunct!!), the breeder was the president (or secretary-dont remember exactly- but heavily involved) of the RBKC. She is Gargoyle line, grand-sire is Black Omen.
she has wry jaw, knee luxation in both knees (2 surgeries to correct one side and she still limps) she's cow-hocked and has major hip dysplasia. One side of her hip joint is actually dislocated b/c she doesnt have a socket and the other side had surgery to remove the femoral head. Other than skeletal problems, she is very very healthy!! LOL

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Wow sarah thats nuts! And to think of all the money you spent on her. I can't complain really, I spent 300 on murph. I know that a dog should be a sound dog no matter what the price, but it makes it so much worse when you know she comes from a praised line. Im sure ill run into probs with murphy along the line. I REALLY wish I knew where he came from tho. At first I was told a breeding facility in IL, so I was thinking puppy mill. But, and I could be wrong, I don't really think pet stores sell OEB's. So then I thought, BYB? i mean, he could even have come from a really good line and since his ear and tail were effed up, they were going to cull? Thats the sob story I was told anyways.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Wow sarah thats nuts! And to think of all the money you spent on her. I can't complain really, I spent 300 on murph. I know that a dog should be a sound dog no matter what the price, but it makes it so much worse when you know she comes from a praised line. Im sure ill run into probs with murphy along the line. I REALLY wish I knew where he came from tho. At first I was told a breeding facility in IL, so I was thinking puppy mill. But, and I could be wrong, I don't really think pet stores sell OEB's. So then I thought, BYB? i mean, he could even have come from a really good line and since his ear and tail were effed up, they were going to cull? Thats the sob story I was told anyways.
Colby came from Your New Puppy, LLC. :: About Us/Home. You can look that up if you wish. I do actually have pictures of the dad, he looks a lot like colby ( or else I would be skeptical ). I have gone back and forth with if I think it's a puppy mill or just a byb. Right now I lean toward a byb created Colby and then sold him to this guy, who owns the shop. we paid just under $700 for him, we had been looking for the breed but couldn't afford the typical breed price, we went to see him one day and wound up taking him home.

If you think OEBs are like pugs in that they are being over bread and have little breed standard, or they har health issues, I would probably agree with you. BUT if you are saying they are as ugly as a pug, I wouldn't agree.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So by a giant pug - what sense are you speaking? Looks? Mass bread? Health?

Fist let me say that I own and love pugs, I was involved with pug specific rescue for many many years so its not a bash on the breed.

But they are similar in the fact that they lack drive, they lack instinct, and they are generally unhealthy, and sometimes unstable. Its from overbreeding and has nothing to do with the breeds involved..... its the same problem as the pug.

They are not a working dog but a dog bred for companionship and as a house pet, just like my pug.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
she came from big river kennels (now defunct!!), the breeder was the president (or secretary-dont remember exactly- but heavily involved) of the RBKC. She is Gargoyle line, grand-sire is Black Omen.
she has wry jaw, knee luxation in both knees (2 surgeries to correct one side and she still limps) she's cow-hocked and has major hip dysplasia. One side of her hip joint is actually dislocated b/c she doesnt have a socket and the other side had surgery to remove the femoral head. Other than skeletal problems, she is very very healthy!! LOL
Thank you

What is her temperament like?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts