Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Maybe but judging by the size he is now I think he will be significantly smaller then a standard AB, but I don't know until he is finished growing. he is about 25 pounds now at 4 months so significantly smaller then an AB pup at his age.

I knew a breeder of rotties, beautiful dogs, show quality ect ect, she ended up having a long haired pup in a litter..... no long haired dogs in the pedigree as far back as she could trace it. The pup went to a working home.
Hudson was about 30lbs at that age... He is 65lbs at 10 months. His mother was an OEB. We suspected he'd grow to 80lbs by 2 yrs, but who knows since he has barely grown since turning 8 months haha.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
sounds like Hudson might make it to 70lbs but i wouldnt think much more. they are pretty much at their adult height and sometimes weight by 10 months old.
I am thinking 75 now, 80 was our guess then. When we got him we were worried he'd be huge because of his paw size, but he just has huge paws (still look big on him haha). His mother was 75, so it will be weird if he doesn't get bigger than her haha. I don't know what happened between 8-10 months, why he stopped growing. Adjusted his food and he is growing again. He was 65lbs at 8 months, then went down a little over 2lbs and got it back at the end of March. I also keep him on the lean side, he has little fat, lots of muscle and extra skin haha. Everyone tells me to expect him to grow more, so I guess only time will tell! I don't really care at this point.

Anywho, point is, when you throw OEB in the mix it's kinda like playing russian roulette. From what I've read it can happen with the RBs too... all depends on wether or not you have a TRUE breeder, which is rare.

As for David Leavitt, I have read that he is no longer breeding/working with dogs as well. He has three "breeders" from what I know breeding HIS new line of OEBs, the David Leavitt Bulldog. I really like them. Maybe I am partial because they come in the same colors as Hudson a lot of the time haha, but I prefer them because of the consistency, and overall look and ability. Don't think I'd ever get one though.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
she is looking less like a deer and more like a mastiff.
:like:

Funny you said that, I used to always tease Hudson cause he looked like the reindeer in some old Christmas cartoon from the 80s haha. He is starting to fill out too. I know he is it for size, so now it's just filling out, which I am looking forward to seeing. I keep him lean too, but he has an abnormal amount of skin around his face/head/chest haha. Not all for growing into I am sure. People are not asking us if he is a Boxer as much anymore. Lately people have been asking if he has mastiff in him because of his upper body shape, not size. We're always in convos about what he is, its nice to not have everyone try to argue with us that he is a Boxer or not haha. How tall is your mastiff mix at the withers?

Steph - how tall is Murphy?

I just enjoy comparing. No real reason lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts