Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
she is looking less like a deer and more like a mastiff.
:like:

Funny you said that, I used to always tease Hudson cause he looked like the reindeer in some old Christmas cartoon from the 80s haha. He is starting to fill out too. I know he is it for size, so now it's just filling out, which I am looking forward to seeing. I keep him lean too, but he has an abnormal amount of skin around his face/head/chest haha. Not all for growing into I am sure. People are not asking us if he is a Boxer as much anymore. Lately people have been asking if he has mastiff in him because of his upper body shape, not size. We're always in convos about what he is, its nice to not have everyone try to argue with us that he is a Boxer or not haha. How tall is your mastiff mix at the withers?

Steph - how tall is Murphy?

I just enjoy comparing. No real reason lol.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
When I got Bauer.. his mom was small.. I figured she was about 35lbs.. 40lbs top.. so I told Gord (when I asked to keep him) that Bauer would probably not get any bigger than 35lbs or so.. cause .. how was I suppose to know with a 6 week old pup...

Well he has topped out at 60lbs.. double the size almost of what I promised Gord he would be lol.. by now though.. he is here to stay ;)

I don't know how big Havoc is going to get.. everyone thought he had HUGE paws.. and would top out around 100lbs.. well he is 75lbs now at 11months.. so I think he may make it to 80lbs.. I guess he still has filling out to do... but he won't get anywhere near 100lbs.. unless I get him fat.. which I wont!!! lol

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
:like:

Funny you said that, I used to always tease Hudson cause he looked like the reindeer in some old Christmas cartoon from the 80s haha. He is starting to fill out too. I know he is it for size, so now it's just filling out, which I am looking forward to seeing. I keep him lean too, but he has an abnormal amount of skin around his face/head/chest haha. Not all for growing into I am sure. People are not asking us if he is a Boxer as much anymore. Lately people have been asking if he has mastiff in him because of his upper body shape, not size. We're always in convos about what he is, its nice to not have everyone try to argue with us that he is a Boxer or not haha. How tall is your mastiff mix at the withers?

Steph - how tall is Murphy?

I just enjoy comparing. No real reason lol.
20 inches at the shoulder.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I'm not into breeding, have met few OEBs other than my own . . .
know a few breeders now that stand a full brother to Mera, a sister etc . . . nice looking dogs . . . but I know of very few that are working dogs . . .
I really don't have the knowledge to answer your question . . . just have my pets, not a lot of bullies around here.

WOW, M.E. that's a bummer about your girl :0(
My 2 have a lot of Gargoyle lines in them (they have the ears! LOL) . . . so far so good . . . knock on wood!

Mera is 4, I've had her 2 years and Griffin is 2, we've had him over a year . . . their vet checks have been great and they are looking good, they play hard too. Griff has some yeast problems, gets ear infection easy and still has some bald spots on his back but the hair is growing in, no new loss in months, which leads me to believe it was his age & immune system . . . they are good with house cats/kittens and my 2 mini rex bunnies, they love them, lay on the couch with them . . . but the wild barn cats who run, wow! I gotta watch them as they chase & work together, double team big time, they love to corner them, I can call off Mera easier than Griff, when they are "on," they are like a cutting horse on a cow . . . I had to tell the guys to stop playing hard with Mera, they can NOT out run or out maneuver her, she will run between their legs, grab their pants leg and flip them to the ground, big guys, sprained the ankle on a 6'2" 200 plus pound guy flipping him! And she remembers who plays with her like that, they both get so excited they bounce, lunge, pinch, grab shoe laces so play like that has gotten to be a strict no no here as they won't quit if you let them get started . . . so they give the barn cats & each other a work out . . . Griff cannot best his Mom, he cannot take her down & she bulldozes him over all the time . . . they are like fast moving freight trains! I look out, Griff took my ankle out once trying to out maneuver Mom!

Mera is 50 pounds and Griffin is 53.

I do have them on supplements so hopefully no problems on down the road . . .

61 - 65 of 65 Posts