Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My english bulldog, princess, is 5 1/2 years old. She recently started rubbing her privates on the carpet. I took her to the vet and he said that it is common with female EB's. The way their private is formed creates moisture in bewtween the folds and creates a diaper rash scenario. Our options are to clean it and out a cream on it 4-6 times a day, or we can do surgery. The surgery removes part of the skin and stitches back together whats left so thir is no fold.

Has anyone else ever heard or experienced this? Is it really common or uncommon?

I want her to feel better, but want to do what is best for her. Can anyone advise??

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
My dog Heidi, AB, has a situation where there is sorta like a fold between her pooper and her vagina. It gets kinda dirty and the skin will get irritated if I don't clean it every other day or so. I just get a warm wash cloth and wipe down her whole body and then wipe that area with some microtek. It is safe on genital areas. It sounds like your situation is a bit more extreme though. Once you get the rash under control, you should start cleaning that area everyday though. Heidi likes it when I wipe her down so it's not that big of a deal. Since I switched her diet, she hasn't had any problems though. If it's a dark brownish color, it may be a yeast/ allergy problem. I'm pretty sure that was what was going on with Heidi.
This is the Microtek product. I spray it onto the washcloth because Heidi hate spray bottles. :roll: http://www.eqyss.com/pet_microtek_spray2.asp

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: EB rash

It seems impossible to get under control, but I would much rather use a spray than have to out her through surgery. Thank you for replying, I hope it works!

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Good luck! Surgery would be a real bummer. Does she seem to have any skin issues anywhere else? My dog used to get this bronzy color on her belly, armpits, and around her mouth. It was yeast. Her food was the major problem with that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She had weird bumps on her belly at one point, but they were only there for about 1 day. I was figuring ant bites from laying in the grass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts