Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you keep your dog from going nuts when wiping down his/her face?

baylee doesn't like it at all, she keeps biting at me, making it very difficult :x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
:D Yeah,jade is the same she bites at the baby wipes but I still force it to be cleaned twice a day cause otherwise they get dirt and crap and it will sit til they get infection and that is worse.A few days ago I noticed her nose is peeling from being so dry?Anyone come across what to do,besides vaseline????Jodi...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good to see you back jade... all i know of is vasoline....

also put apple cider vinegar in the drinking water, just a little bit and that helps with the ph balance. works very well
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Fatboy Nox doesn't really like his wrinkles cleaned, but we have 2 other dogs, American Bulldogs, and they sleep in the front together, and we take Nox back to the bedroom with us, before we go to bed, I give him special attention....give a few belly rubs and then it tell him to come, sit, stay. Then I grab one side of his jowls (excuse spelling) and clean out his wrinkles on the other side... then say GOOD BOY!!! and give him another round of rubs and he wiggles... then i repeat... come, sit, stay. then do the other side.

call me crazy, but it seems to work. the routine helps also. weather you want to do it after your EB eats or before bed....

let us know how it goes... they seem to get better about it after they're use to it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
8) Thanks Snary-its good to be back.I will keep coming back fr time to time to say hi and get info...You guys are alll great people....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
426 Posts
I've never cleaned Tia's face, it's something i've never though of doing! I clean her eyes everyday though, they tend to get gunked up (it's not infection though, I had it checked out, it's just the way she is)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BergstromsABs said:
Fatboy Nox doesn't really like his wrinkles cleaned, but we have 2 other dogs, American Bulldogs, and they sleep in the front together, and we take Nox back to the bedroom with us, before we go to bed, I give him special attention....give a few belly rubs and then it tell him to come, sit, stay. Then I grab one side of his jowls (excuse spelling) and clean out his wrinkles on the other side... then say GOOD BOY!!! and give him another round of rubs and he wiggles... then i repeat... come, sit, stay. then do the other side.

call me crazy, but it seems to work. the routine helps also. weather you want to do it after your EB eats or before bed....

let us know how it goes... they seem to get better about it after they're use to it.
i have to hold baylee's jaws too. i'm just glad i'm not the only one that has trouble. i usually give her treats after and she wiggles around a bunch too!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,155 Posts
Bear is not to happy with it either. But he will tolerate it the couple times a week that I have to do it as long as I keep it to a minimum.

What he does love is when I wipe under his tail. It's so tight I have to wipe everyday. When we come in from outside I have the wipes right there and he looks at me and sits and waits for me to get them out. What a nut!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bearsmom said:
Bear is not to happy with it either. But he will tolerate it the couple times a week that I have to do it as long as I keep it to a minimum.

What he does love is when I wipe under his tail. It's so tight I have to wipe everyday. When we come in from outside I have the wipes right there and he looks at me and sits and waits for me to get them out. What a nut!!!
now THAT is funny!!! baylee can't stand for me to be back there, of course i don't blame her. luckily we've only had to wipe away a few dingleberries :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
snarky said:
bearsmom said:
Bear is not to happy with it either. But he will tolerate it the couple times a week that I have to do it as long as I keep it to a minimum.

What he does love is when I wipe under his tail. It's so tight I have to wipe everyday. When we come in from outside I have the wipes right there and he looks at me and sits and waits for me to get them out. What a nut!!!
now THAT is funny!!! baylee can't stand for me to be back there, of course i don't blame her. luckily we've only had to wipe away a few dingleberries :lol:
Nox is funny, when he was a puppy puppy he needed his bum/tail wiped, but as he's gotten older, only 1 time has he had dingleberries... now he thinks its a game when he sticks his tail out straight, he will literally back up to us to get us to pull it (in a gentle way of course!) silly bullies!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,155 Posts
Bear's tail is tight against his butt it doesn't move at all so there's usually something to wipe. Either that or I get skid marks on the off white carpet. :twisted:

Molly's tail is not tight, thank goodness. She can lift it up and even wiggle it a little. It reminds me of Tinkerbell when it wiggles. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Yeah Jade has a tail but hangs to one side and she has to move her whole bum to wiggle it.If I have to wipe her for poopy-she sits down so its hard I have to hold her up.But shes pretty lucky doesnt have too much problem-only if its runny-yuck. :lol: BUt like I say before,bullies rock....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
IMHO, you must train your dog to accept grooming of his face, genitals, etc. Especially the wrinkled dogs - EBs, Oldes, etc. There are too many potential skin issues caused by not cleaning the facial wrinkles daily.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i agree with you scott, but good luck!!

i think it's easier said than done.... i'm not sure how many dogs or ppl aren't going to flench when a finger comes sneaking around the bend!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
snarky said:
i agree with you scott, but good luck!!

i think it's easier said than done.... i'm not sure how many dogs or ppl aren't going to flench when a finger comes sneaking around the bend!
:lol: :lol: too funny snarky! Nox, everytime I think I might see something on his bum... but after a sec, he's like, aww thanks mom! 8-[
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top