Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any idea if Egg Beaters, which say they're 99% egg, are as good for dogs as regular eggs? I bought a large carton of them and no one's really eaten them so I thought I might cook some up for Sophie rather than the regular egg I usually give her but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
979 Posts
sophiesmom said:
Anyone have any idea if Egg Beaters, which say they're 99% egg, are as good for dogs as regular eggs? I bought a large carton of them and no one's really eaten them so I thought I might cook some up for Sophie rather than the regular egg I usually give her but I'm not sure.
Well they're only whites. Otherwise they won't hurt her.

Paula

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
PaulaEdwina said:
sophiesmom said:
Well they're only whites. Otherwise they won't hurt her.

Paula
You can get egg beaters that have the yolk and just whites, so both.

I personally would rather feed an egg, more natural.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I eat egg beaters all the time. I understand them to be just like real eggs, just healthier. I can't imagine why you shouldn't.
I'm curious why you don't eat them. They're also good for baking recipes that call for egg.

·
Registered
979 Posts
nanniesrock said:
I eat egg beaters all the time. I understand them to be just like real eggs, just healthier. I can't imagine why you shouldn't.
I'm curious why you don't eat them. They're also good for baking recipes that call for egg.
I bought some for myself since they were supposed to be healthier than eggs but EWWW I hated how they tasted. I guess I"d have had the same reaction to an egg white omlette?

Paula

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
PaulaEdwina said:
nanniesrock said:
I bought some for myself since they were supposed to be healthier than eggs but EWWW I hated how they tasted. I guess I"d have had the same reaction to an egg white omlette?

Paula
I mix mine w/ a tiny bit of salsa & mexican cheese for added flavor. Often I omit the cheese b/c of the fat content, and many people cringe at the thought of salsa w/ breakfast, but I love it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.