Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an electric fence for their AB?

I know these dogs have a very high pain threshold, so I am wondering if anyone has had positive/negative experiences?

Thanks!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Why do you need them?

Can you tell me what instance you would need one? I think if you leave your dogs unattended, epecially in your own yard, you are asking for problems.

A bulldog left unattended in the backyard, no matter how secure, will find a way, especially if there is something to destroy on the other side.

Are you talking about an invisible fence with a e-collar? Nope, will not work on most dogs I have had. Waste of money. Works great on sensitive dogs, though.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
A good bulldog with any prey drive whatsoever would tear through an electric fence like it didn't even exist. Build a kennel and/ or solid privacy fence that the dogs cannot jump over. Besides that, how is an electric fence going to stop someone elses animals from entering YOUR property?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. The majority of our yard is completely fenced and secure, except the 2 side portions. Like a big horseshoe and it would be the tips of the shoe, if that makes sense. We were thinking of putting an invisible fence on the sides? Maybe not....

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Bought mine 4 years ago for my 2 rottweilers for $150 sold it a year later used once for $50 WASTE OF MONEY. They didnt even flinch

·
Registered
99 Posts
I was curious about the invisible fence...we live in a very rural area...and were contemplating one..We asked often and everyone swears by them, but I know dogs that bust through them all the time. The breeder we got our AB from has his 140lb johnson ab on it and two others...and they dont go throught it at all...I just would be to afraid of what would come into the yard and not make it out or what they might see and go through it and be gone or hurt or hurt someone or something else...my baby is very drivey..shes crazy..my male is a big oof thats afraid of our regular gate in the house if it falls he wont even touch it...glad to have read this post

1 - 7 of 7 Posts