Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought Ellie off a woman that could not look after her, I have her ped and she is reg in my name now, but I would still like to know more about the dogs in her ped!
When Ellie is ready I will be looking to breed her so want to get as much info as I can about her line's

She has dogs and bitches from
Price's
Whittle's
Earthquake's
Barker's
Atomic's
Hine's
Shawn-Kris's
Cedar Creek's
Clark's
Johnson's
And a few more if anyone can help please do!

Thanks Keily

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Well, you should be familiar with Johnsons.

Shawn Kris has a reputation in the bulldog world for being puppy millers but I dont know them personally.

You should also know Hines....alot of dogs go back to them and anyone who has Hines dogs in their dogs ped should have them tested for NCL (especially if they are being used for breeding) because the disease has been traced back to his dogs.

The rest I am not familiar with.

Why do you want to breed her? I am assuming she must be a great working dog or something?? What do you do with her? Weight pull? Schutzhund? Ring Sport?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Not every dog is breed for the purpose of working.
The majority of people on here all purchased their dogs from people who bred dogs for pets.
I guess for the exception of you.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
AsianRedneck said:
The majority of people on here all purchased their dogs from people who bred dogs for pets.
The point is though, if your breeding for the betterment of the breed (the correct way to breed) you are breeding working, titled, proven dogs. And in that litter that is produced, there will be awesome pet quality pets. Those will be given to house holds that want pets and they will be spayed and neutered. Go to the pound, PLENTY of awesome pet worthy dogs.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AllAmericanPUP said:
how 'bout no
If you have nothing constructive to say!!!

Lisa yes I am familiar with Johnson's

Shawn-Kris I dont know much about, but after you said that I will be looking into it!

Yes I will be WPing with her also showing her just taking her at the mo as want her to get used to it, I got her at 4 mths so only been to a few shows since I bought her!

I wont be breeding her for a few years anyway and then not untill I have all relevant vet tests and temp tests done and then only if she get's good results!

I am not just throwing myself into this I have two or so years to get all the info I will need before I will breed her.

Thank's Keily

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
AsianRedneck said:
Exactly and that is why so many WORKING breeds i.e. Rottweilers, Dobermans, GSD's, AB's etc are in such a sad state! Pet owners have no business breeding working breeds. If they want to breed that bad they should either work their dogs to expose their strengths and weaknesses so they know if their dog is worthy of being added to the gene pool or they should chose a breed of dog that was originally developed to be a companion animal! Otherwise don't breed! Why do you think that there are so many working breed dogs out there that have no drive and weak nerves? It's because of all the pet owners who think its a great idea to breed their couch potato pets! How the heck is breeding untested dogs doing anything for a working breed? Pets should be a by product only of a good breeding program (we know even the best, proven animals aren't always going to produce great working dogs) not the basis of them! Not only that but the shelters are already full of pet quality animals. No need to purposely create more.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
see thats good information you had given just now. and Keily my post was in general towards Asian and not towards you. I like to assume that people who come on here and post to breed know all the necessary things.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Lisa yes I am familiar with Johnson's

Shawn-Kris I dont know much about, but after you said that I will be looking into it!

Yes I will be WPing with her also showing her just taking her at the mo as want her to get used to it, I got her at 4 mths so only been to a few shows since I bought her!

I wont be breed her for a few years anyway and then not untill I have all relevant vet tests and temp tests done and then only if she get's good results!

I am not just throwing myself into this I have two or so years to get all the info I will need before I will breed her.

Thank's Keily

Keily, its good that you want to do your homework but please understand the issue of NCL. It is VERY important and is somehting that can easily be prevented with a relativley cheap test. For more info on NCL read this:

http://www.true-grit.us/cgi-bin/YaBB2/YaBB.pl?num=1138036964

·
Registered
720 Posts
What ya got there is a performance bully hybrid same as me! Where are you located at? I might be interested in studding my dog out depending on how there peds match up!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Lisa not all Ambulls are working dogs..
I understand you guys are emphasizing on only breeding great atheletes.
If a dog is healthy I see no problems breeding him or her.
Lisa I wish human had the same mind set as you when breeding human, they'll be less fat people in the world.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will be testing for everything, I like you think we have too many unworthy dogs around as far as working breeds go and all that you just said I agree with! but also think these dogs make amazing pets too!

The things I dont know I will ask, we all can learn new things!!!

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
AsianRedneck said:
Lisa I wish human had the same mind set as you when breeding human, they'll be less fat people in the world.
Asian, there is alot more that makes a great working dog that ahtleticism!! I think that is what you are failing to understand! What about what's INSIDE the dog????? A dog can be a great athlete but be a total spook bag with no drive!!! Good structure will only get a dog so far. It's because of people with your attitude that we have so many non functional working breed dogs. If a breed of dog was originally bred to WORK then it should posses those characterisitcs before being bred plain and simple.

BTW no need to compare dogs to people. They are no where near being on the same level.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ambull040769 said:
What ya got there is a performance bully hybrid same as me! Where are you located at? I might be interested in studding my dog out depending on how there peds match up!
I live in Yorkshire England, If you want to give me the info on your dog I will have a look! But like I said I have two years before I decide.

Keily

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
AsianRedneck said:
Have to say that made me laugh!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Lisa said:
AsianRedneck said:
Asian, there is alot more that makes a great working dog that ahtleticism!! I think that is what you are failing to understand! What about what's INSIDE the dog????? A dog can be a great athlete but be a total spook bag with no drive!!! Good structure will only get a dog so far. It's because of people with your attitude that we have so many non functional working breed dogs. If a breed of dog was originally bred to WORK then it should posses those characterisitcs before being bred plain and simple.

BTW no need to compare dogs to people. They are no where near being on the same level.
Well Mr Johnson is the God Father who started the Ambulls. The Johnson line is no longer a true working dog.
He changed the breed too none working dog...so what now?

Johnson said it himself "Every dog in every litter is breedable" and this man has been breeding wayyy before you and I were born.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ambull040769 said:
Oh you are in the UK scratch that stud service comment...lol! Any pics of your dog? I would love to see her.
At the moment

12mths

11mths

9mths

1 - 20 of 37 Posts