Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a unfixed at present 8 month old American Bulldog that was at our house first and was used to being around other dogs until one got pregnant and they fought and had to be separated and that is how we got her. She has been around other male dogs and is friendly and never aggressive. However we just adopted a 2 year old fixed English Bulldog and they are constantly fighting. We have them separated but would like to have them together. They will back down once scolded but are very aggressive toward each other and do constant stare downs to establish dominance. Any ideas on how to get these two beautiful dogs to get along? We don't want to adopt out either but might have no choice as we do not want to see either get hurt. Please advise.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I put my money on the AB.

Are you willing to pay about 1000-3000 in training cost?
Problem can be solved. Not VIA internet advice. Trust me.

Otherwise you will have 1000-2000 vet bills or one dead dog.

the best case scenario is that one dog establishes dominance over the other with little damage. However, there will be a fight. Get ready for it.

why adopt a dog if you think one is going to get killed? If you thought they would not get killed why did you not check BEFORE you adopted the bulldog? I think you just set yourself up for failure.

Anyways, I think it would be best to find a new home. Easier, safer, and cheaper.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry to hear about you're problem. I've posted on this same subject myself concerning our attempt to replace one of our EBs that passed away. We're now on our third attempt to find another dog that our 5 yr. old male will tolerate.

One solution our neighbors used that seems to have worked with their two female English Pointers was muzzleing the dogs and letting them duke it out for the dominate position. They exhausted themselves several times daily "fighting" with muzzles on. Eventually...they gave it up and have been living together without violence since. I would have tried this with the EBs but can't find a muzzle that will stay on since they have no muzzle to speak of. Can it be done? I believe so but it requires constant vigilance on your part which is a responsibility some folks just don't want to deal with. Good luck.8)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts