Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
How old is the baby? Usually really little babies just eat all day, and are attached to mommy anyways (laying on laps, or being carried around). I have a 1 year old, and she started sitting and wanting to be on the ground at about 6 months. She did also like to go in her swing, and bouncy chair, but all you have to do with the bouncy chair is put it up on a big sturdy table. The only thing they won't be able to do is put the baby on the ground, or leave the baby unsupervised when your pooch is around. If they don't have a problem with your dog coming, then I wouldn't really worry about it. Babies also usually find dogs to be VERY entertaining, so I'm sure that they will love that your dog keeps their baby amused, LOL.

As for introducing your dog to the new baby.....it's usually good to just let him smell one of the baby's blankets first, so that your dog isn't overly excited. :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.