Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

My boss has a male english bulldog (7 years old). Last night he had a "small" seizure. Stiff, rigid legs and head, not for very long, and he seemed his usual self afterwards. Scared the heck out of his wife though. They have never seen this happen to him before. His wife called the breeder, the breeder asked what they were feeding, and said to put him on "Senior" dog food as too much protein could have caused this.

I guess my question is.....has anyone ever heard that explanation before? Just doesn't seem right to me, seems like too "easy" of an answer.

They are taking him to the vet today, but I was wondering what you guys thought.

Mary

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
I've never heard that explanation before either. In fact - my vet told me there is little benefit to senior food, and that older dogs still need the protien if they are still relatively active. I would be seeking a second opinion.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
We just lost our 2 year old EB to a seizure- she died in my arms on the way to the vet...So I doubt it has anything to do with the food... You boss needs to consult with his vet ASAP as there are numerous things that can cause a seizure, and there are numerous health issues with EBs.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tinkerbell,

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thank you for your reply.

Mary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts