Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was thinking for all us people that don't go to confirmation dog shows. Maybe we could have one, right here on Bulldgobreeds! Perhaps, if Tia, Attitude, or Lisa would like to judge based on pictures of body structure head etc? It would be hard I know, since you can't tell from pictures but we could try. First, the judge(s) can pick there first 10 pick and then narrow it down to the BEST. Might be fun. Well i'll start:

Name: Abby
Breed: American Bulldog
entry # 1

[/b]

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I would love to do it too...Do you also know the correct conformation of an oeb. If so I will post some pics of my boy. The female is still a little young, but I guess I wouldn't mind your opinion on her too. If you can let me know...Thanks

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Well Heaven's breed is technically unknown since she's a pound pup, so I can't enter her. (I assume APBT, but can't be sure.) I could post Koa's pics, but he's a big boy, not much for standard...he might get ripped apart, LOL! But if it's just for fun...Do I just need pics from all angles? I might have to get out the ol' camera....

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
maryserratos said:
I would love to do it too...Do you also know the correct conformation of an oeb. If so I will post some pics of my boy. The female is still a little young, but I guess I wouldn't mind your opinion on her too. If you can let me know...Thanks
I'm sure someone on here is an expert, well knows the breed standard well enough, for an OEB. So sure! Post your pics! It's just for fun, and also if you were cuirious about how the conformation was anyways.

LuvaBULL - We just need the side, head to toe pics, rear, front, and ones that show the face well too. I think you'd probably have a better chance of winning if you had those, I don't have all those side shot pics, but I tried to get her face shown and her body shown well too.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I have heard people say that a dog lacks pigment in the eye. Is this just talking about just the eyeliner up next to the eyeball itself or does this also include the pink that you see under the fur around the eye?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts

OK, this is about the best pics I can come up with for Cali. She is a six month OEB. I can try to get some better conformation shots if you need. I will do Dozer on a separate post. And don't think you will hurt my feelings. I am really curious to know where somebody else thinks she stands conformation wise. Thanks

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maybe these 2 show better of her rear,

(she's kind of droopy in this picture, but I just took it and I woke her up lol)

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
i don't mind playing this game as long as nobody is gunna get upset :wink: if you ask what i think i'm gunna give you just that from a ring prospective. i am ok for the ab's and do know a fair bit about the eb's too. as has been said you need front, back, face, side and a movment shot would be nice. also the age of the dog and what the bite is would be extremly important in the ring for both of these breeds.

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
maryserratos said:

OK, this is about the best pics I can come up with for Cali. She is a six month OEB. I can try to get some better conformation shots if you need. I will do Dozer on a separate post. And don't think you will hurt my feelings. I am really curious to know where somebody else thinks she stands conformation wise. Thanks
i will tell you what i can here. unfortunately movement is a huge part of this breed in the ring so there is only so much i can tell you.

in the eb the head is suppose to be on a 45 degree angle from lower jaw to forhead. unfortunately you little guy has to much face and no wrinkle. there is suppose to be a pronounced nose wrinkle. from these shots i can tell little about his bite but he doesn't look very undershot and he shud be
(he would have a perfect head if he was a classic ab and the fact that he has a muzzle will help him deal with the summer heat better :wink:)

i can't tell from these pics (crappy computer) does he have eye pigment around both eyes? it is also a requirement for eb's , actually ALL bulldogs require eyeliner and lipstick

ear set is good, not sure if a rose ear is prefered in this breed or not
good eye as well doesn't look like you will have probs with eyelashes at all
for his age he looks like he is a good size, stocky, short body and lots of bone, all good things.

:)

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.