Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets get some discussion going on what kinds of things we do to evaluate (not for companion/pet) a working litter. And understanding that it can be subjective lets try to describe expected responses and what that means in your evaluation.....

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have seen.....

some crazy things over the years, but there is at least one rule that I think people should understand. First one is that no matter what you want to do to conduct your evaluation, first discuss it with the breeder as they may have an objection to your test.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
I am not trying to be a smart ass...........If the breeder objects to personal temp test shouldn't you head for the hills? ( As long as, your test is ethical)

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Regardless....

of all the tests that you find important to your evaluation... one of the things that I feel is extremely important is to take what you learned about the litter and apply that individually! Take each pup away from the litter and observe the behaviors.. Does the pup become frozen in it's enviroment? Does the pup come to you for security? Or to make play? Does he search for his sibblings? Does he explore? Does he care less that you or anyone else is present? Can he be distracted away from the behavior? Will he make play when taunted too?

What might appear to be your pick of the litter may totally change when the litter is taken away...... food for thought.

8)

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Does he care less that you or anyone else is present?
What does that say about a dog becuase that was Tora?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
angie7349 said:
I am not trying to be a smart ass...........If the breeder objects to personal temp test shouldn't you head for the hills? ( As long as, your test is ethical)
Some people can come up with some crazy sh!t....

Story.... I guy shows up to look at my partners litter (i'm present) and out of no were this guy pulls out one of those small air propelled evacuation horns and fires it off! Well not to mention that that can be painfull to little ears.. the b!tch flew towards the guy, my partner intercepts her and I was like what the f~ck are you doing man.... well I told him that I wanted to test the litter.... :roll: My partner told him to get the f~ck off his property and he would send the deposit back!

So this is why, but like you said.... if it makes sense (ethical) and you know why you are doing it, I don't see it as a problem.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
135 Posts
:)

Of course it is a pretty basic test, but I think it is very easy to read and come up with your own opinion on the pup. This test is good for evaluating either a pet or possible working prospect(with more testing).
Something you can print up and take to the breeders home without scaring the weaker pups to death. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts