Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 5 months old pitbull has some excess skin all around his body mainly the neck area. Wtf is this? hes not overweight at all. Is that just skin hes going to grow into as he gets bigger or what?

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
My APBT (Koa) is very wrinkly. I think it's because he's growing into his skin, he's a big boy. He's also blue, and I think somewhere down the line they threw in a Neapolitan Mastiff to get that color. And they're very wrinkly dogs.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I asked our vet the same question. His answer was that Carter will grow into all of that extra skin. Plus it is part of Carter's gene make up. He is half Masiff.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
My dog Heidi has very loose skin with lots of wrinkles around her face and neck. She's an AB so maybe this is more common, I don't know. I love it though. She's so soft and squishy!

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Chico.Heidi said:
My dog Heidi has very loose skin with lots of wrinkles around her face and neck. She's an AB so maybe this is more common, I don't know. I love it though. She's so soft and squishy!
Shelby has some too, and right under her chin it's extremely soft and I just love squeezing and hugging on her neck!!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
My APBT Clutch is 10 months old and you can grab handfulls of his skin...Hes has just as much if not more skin then my AB. I always wondered the same...wondered if somewhere down the line he as bulldog in him. His ped goes back to great grand sire/dam and there are all reg. as APBT's soooo? Is it common for a pure bred pit to have lose skin? Clutch esp has the jowels(sp) off his jaw and neck...Just as much as Scarlet! I always was under the impression that APBT had tight skin esp around the face...I have heard he will grow into it...but I hope not! Hes already pushing 85lb at 10 months and man...if he grew into all his skin hed be like 100lb or so...so I doubt that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts