Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo Chops had to spend this past weekend at a boarding kennel because I was out of town. I picked him up around 4 today...and he started showing these symptoms about an hour after we got home. He has NEVER drooled this much...and he has been drinking plenty of water...

Any ideas? He was fine at the kennel...could this be just from stress??

If things get worse I'll take him to the Vet tomorrow.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Drooling usually means it's going to vomit. And you said it has diarrhea?? It could be alot of things, I think Parvo would be uppermost in my mind since the dog was boarded (exposed to lots of germs) and also stressed (due to being boarded of course).
Other things could be a protozoan infection or a bacterial infection of another sort in the stomach.
Definately get the dog to the vet if it is worse tomorrow or not better, if it gets worse tonight consider the ER vet.
I hope he gets better :)

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
That's good!! It could be nerves. Definately keep a close eye on him. Does he usually get nervous when riding in the car?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL nervous?? When he hears my keys he almost runs through the front door! He LOVES taking rides in the car. He's all about hangin out the window and biting at the air as it hits him in the face.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My sisters little dog had parvo. That's good that your dog does have its shots, its a very serious disease. Maybe just the flu? If that's possible. My bully just drools like crazy sometimes (usually when there's food present lol.) Sometimes Gator just doesn't feel good. Once he was getting sick and had diarrhea and I called the vet and he just suggested some kids gravol at the time and then if it got worse in the morning to bring him in, but he was fine that night.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.