Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fina has been shedding EXCESSIVELY (imo) for about the last month. At first I though it was just a normal shedding cycle, but now I'm not sure as it's not getting any better.

Things that have changed in her environment/diet:

She was getting fat, so I put her on a diet and she lost the weight.

Her food changed from Artemis to Authority Harvest Baked, 2 months ago.

She has no bald spots, but her hair does seem to be lessing in areas......I'll add pics in a bit

Anyone use any type of supplements or shampoo's that help with shedding? Those of you that feed Authority Harvest BAked, do your dogs shed more than they did on other foods?

Thanks everyone,
Bridget :?:

·
Super Moderator
16,010 Posts
Hey Bridget - I am not an expert on Mange (but the pics do not look like it), what I do know is the effects of oil or the lack of it on hair. More than likely the new food has less oil if she is able to lose weight on it. This is what would cause the excessive shedding. Give her some oil supplements to off set this - even that can of tuna (spaced out of course). People are great at eliminating the oils from their system when they go on a diet and the next thing you know their hair is laying on the bathroom floor. All systems have to have some oil. In the mean time brush her daily with a boar bristle brush to distribute the oils in her coat and to stimulate more oil into her coat. Good luck :D

add on: Just saw this post and it is on the skin:

http://bulldogbreeds.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=2188

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will do, and as always Pat, thanks for the great advice!

I'm pretty sure that I'm over-reacting on the mange thing, just being a worry wart I hope!

Bridget

·
Registered
297 Posts
I think too it could be the new food. I'm feeding Artemis and they never shedding, all of them are in a good shape even in spring when they usually shedding. Some females get 6 Mix, the male dogs get Performance it depend on how much they work, so they don't get fat (only females who raise puppys)
Angelika

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To get the Artemis......I have to come to you Angelika, so I switched to somthing I can get in the mail because that is a long trip :cry:

I really liked the Artemis, but I can't find it anywhere around here. The Authority has great ratings and ingredients, hopefully adding some oil to her diet will help. IF not, I may be making a road trip to stock up and visit!

Thanks,
Bridget

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Angelika said:
Sounds great Bridget and you are very welcome! but to keep Fina on Artemis you don't have to make the trip, I ship it via DHL to you If you want me to. do. :D
YES PLEASE that would be great. I'll email you my address and you can let me know how much to paypal you!

YAY!

That will be great thank you

Bridget =D>

·
Super Moderator
16,010 Posts
Fina said:
Angelika said:
Sounds great Bridget and you are very welcome! but to keep Fina on Artemis you don't have to make the trip, I ship it via DHL to you If you want me to. do. :D
YES PLEASE that would be great. I'll email you my address and you can let me know how much to paypal you!

YAY!

That will be great thank you

Bridget =D>

I just love a good ending----
:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts