Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have a rottweiler who is about 8 months now, the problem i have with her is visitors to the house as she keeps jumping on them. I know this topic has been covered, and i have read them but nothing works i tried telling the visitors to ignore the dog (hard to ignore cos shes so big), and also just gently kneeing her when she jumps. What else can i do to fix this? Besides obidience training? Or is that the only solution?...

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Ok now this is going to sound stupid, however it stoped CC from jumping in about a week. When you come in the house and she starts to jump cross your arms and stare straight up. no matter what she does don't look at her intill she calms down and stops, as soon as she does tell her how good she is. You will have to tell other people to do the same thing. You will be amazed how many people will help! People at my Tattoo shop were staring at the ceiling for about a week,lol kinda funny!

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
I would say, keep working on the ignoring thing, it's only thing thats going to work. Tell your guest, no touch, no talk, no eye contact and have a leash on the dog. With you holding the leash, wait until the dog calms down and is in a submissive-calm state of mind, then let the guest give affection. Do the same thing until the dog learns what your asking, even if that means lots of repetition.

As for obedience, it's good for any bully dog to at least go to some kind of obedience classes.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have the same problem with Boss. He won't dare jump on me, but he jumps on everyone else. He's gotten better, and as long as I have the leash on to control him I won't allow him to jump. Good luck! Sorry I'm no help :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts