Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I take my 11 month old APBT out on walks for 1-5 miles a day. Usually split up into two walks(one early morning and one mid to late afternoon). Two days out of the week we run through the trail at the park(on leash Legend likes to chase deer and has come a little to close for comfort to catching a couple if I hadnt screamed his name) and gets to swim in the creek. We play with the hose a couple times a week for 15-20 minutes. Plays with his Boomer Ball when I come home from work and the occasionally play fetch throughout the day. And runs around with his buddies Karma(APBT) and Tango(APBT) on weekends. And occassionally plays with Tucker(APBT),Little Bit(AB),King(APBT/Rottie Mix), and Peanut(Cocker Spaniel/Choc. Lab mix)Goes to obedience one 2 two days a week and will be starting agility classes soon. And hopefully starting training for weight pulling. Does anyone have a better workout routine for him?

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
Hell no! Your routine is way better than ours! Atticus gets to go out during the day to potty, then when we get home he either goes to the park with me, or plays outside with daddy. Once in the house, the ball goes back and forth down the hall for hours.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cinder said:
Hell no! Your routine is way better than ours! Atticus gets to go out during the day to potty, then when we get home he either goes to the park with me, or plays outside with daddy. Once in the house, the ball goes back and forth down the hall for hours.
Lol...I just want to try something new maybe something that won't take as much time! Legend+ball in the house=Broken things. lol. He's a bull in a china shop when it comes to chasing after that ball. I have landed on my rear end a couple of times from him! :roll:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Flirt Pole

You could try a flirt pole. This was recently suggested to me because I have a female american bulldog that is the freakin energizer bunny and tends to be destructive because she is under exercised. We run every morning for atleast a mile and then we do long walks in the evenings and I added the flirt pole to the routine and when I'm not with her she is sleeping away. It's a wonderful thing and both of my dogs think it's the cats meow. It only cost me about $10 to make and it is a must have in my hones opinion.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I agree with the flirt pole. I either walk, rollerblade, or bike the dogs 2-4 miles in the morning and 2-4 in the evening, and they (I should say Sibyl) still have massive energy. I could grab Sibyl's harness five minutes after getting home and she would be so excited to go again, I would have a hard time putting it back on.

Flirt pole is the key. I made one this week and it is the greatest idea yet! I zip that thing over Sibyl's head a zillon times and it wears her out good. They also play tug more aggressively with it so they don't have to chase it, which wears them out too.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks...I'll think I'll try the flirtpole. After all that excercise I usually do for him I'm like SOOOOOO tired! lol. And especially when we come home from agility class he's so amped up from playing with other dogs and running around that he gets "the zoomies". So I'm hoping this will work for him! :D

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thor said:
Agility class is what I want to get Sibyl into.

Good luck!
Oh she'll love it! Legend has a ball! Whenever its his day to go around the time he stand by the door whining with his tug leash like mom come on your taking waaaayyyy to long! :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts