Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with exaggerated clumsiness/incoordination in their dog?
I have a 14 month old AB who has never really grown out of his clumsy stage.

He was the runt of his litter, and was always relatively underdeveloped.
It seems that his coordination is underdeveloped as well...
All his movement is just sloppy.

Any ideas/thoughts? :?:

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
My first two thoughts are his paws.........lol
Buster is an awkward stage right now were his
paws are huge and he does trip over them at times.

second thought is ears...............Do they look red or irritated. Sometimes
that can throw there balance off

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When he walks, his gait is so narrow that it looks like he would trip no matter what the size of his paws.
His ears and paws might be a little larger but nothing terribly exaggerated...
How old is your dog?

Has anyone had this situation with a dog this age?

·
Registered
123 Posts
trouble is clumsy too

trouble is very clumsy also -- but it's due to his overexcitedness (is that a word??) i think.... it's quite cute, and he's starting to settle down just a little bit now that he is a year old....

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Buster is 8 months old.
They all go through awkward stages and this may be one of them

I would however look in his ears to make sure he doesn't have an ear infection
When they get ear infections it can throw off there balance which would make them look clumsy
if everything in the ears looks normal then it is probably a faze

·
Registered
255 Posts
CGraney said:
Has anyone had any experience with exaggerated clumsiness/incoordination in their dog?
I have a 14 month old AB who has never really grown out of his clumsy stage.

He was the runt of his litter, and was always relatively underdeveloped.
It seems that his coordination is underdeveloped as well...
All his movement is just sloppy.

Any ideas/thoughts? :?:
sorry i can't help with your question at nelson had grown into his paws. but i wanted to say that from the photo of your pup on that ball he's got better coordination and balance than most people i know! wat a cutiepie!

also when u say clumsy, does he fall over all the time? everyday or is it sometimes because i've heard that ab's are puppies in their minds until age 2-3 and they do go thru phases

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that is him in the picture - when he was 13 weeks old... long before his issues surfaced.
... it's a trick photo - there is a base under the ball - also, the ball was inflated all the way and very stiff, so it wasn't really unstable.

fall over while running or walking, falling over from even a standing position, narrow sloppy gait, crossing paws, folding his paws over... a lot of clumsy sloppy things... no other way to describe it.

You are right with the 2-3 year thing, but he is not where others are at this stage, and demonstrates several things that other dogs don't do at any stage...

There is a possibility that he has wobblers or something like that, so i started another thread about that on another page http://www.bulldogbreeds.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=10622

1 - 7 of 7 Posts