Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lovely english bulldog has got an eye problem, its a bit droopy and around the eye it is wet like a leaking tear duct, i thought it was cherry eye but not sure now?. as i have looked at there is nothing obvious.

otherwise he is fine.

If it is cherry eye is it necessary to operate and if so how much do people think im in the UK??I will try to post pics later as he is not posing for pictures.

many thanks

Pics are now here!!

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m9/finastokie/DSC00048.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m9/finastokie/DSC00047.jpg

·
Registered
361 Posts
ye problem can people help

If it was a cherry eye, you'd see the bottom third eyelid come up and it would be red and look like there was a red patch of skin on it. It might be allergy's try to get some eye salve called Neomycin and Polymyxin b sulfates and bacitracin zinc opthalmic ointment or try drops called tobramycin opthalmic drops. You have to get it from your vet. Mine will just give it to me. Also Tetracycline works if pup is over 1 yr. old. Before 1 yr. it can cause problems with their tooth enamme;. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have opened the eye wide with my hands it is red is the third eyelid a clear film?, this is not massivley obvious though

have booked her in the vets tommorrow.

any other people had this experiance

·
Registered
361 Posts
ye problem can people help

The third eye lid will come up frfom bottom and looks like it is a covering going over the eye. Rigth now I have 2 that's eyes are watering and I'm putting salve in ones and drops in the other one. The allergies are pretty bad right now. Some Bulldogs eyes do tend to run anyway. I'd like to know what the vet said. If it is a third eyelid and a cherry eye, it is removed very easily, but becareful because they do tend to get dry eye because of the removal of the third eyelid. One of my bulldogs got a scratch in her eye from the cat and the third eyelid came up. I applied salve to it and within a week it was better. She has learned to leave the cats alone.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Eye problem

Hello. Just wondering what your vet said because I also have an EB and he has had the same thing. We thought it was cherry eye because it was always red and wet. A few times the inner eye lid popped out (looked like a big red bump sticking out of his eye)....the vet said this was cherry eye. However, since giving him some eye drops it hasn't popped out again. The vet said to just keep an eye on it. If it continues to pop out then Loki will need surgery.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I have the same problem with my female pit bull. A red looking thing (almost like a tear duct) shows at the bottom corner of her eye.

The really weird thing is that it pops out at night, after sleeping, in the morning, it is gone. Then that night it pops out agian, then disappears in the morning?? I dont understand it. Its really strange how disappears and reappears every night and morning.

I would really like to hear what the vet said! Please post a reply back!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes. Someone on this forum suggested Clear Eyes, but since I am in Germany I use a German brand. He doesn't seem to need the drops very often. But when his eye looks quite red, I give him a drop because I found the Cherry Eye (when the red thing pops out) happened shortly after his eye was very red. Luckily he hasn't had the Cherry Eye now for a couple months :) Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts