Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
ye problem can people help

If it was a cherry eye, you'd see the bottom third eyelid come up and it would be red and look like there was a red patch of skin on it. It might be allergy's try to get some eye salve called Neomycin and Polymyxin b sulfates and bacitracin zinc opthalmic ointment or try drops called tobramycin opthalmic drops. You have to get it from your vet. Mine will just give it to me. Also Tetracycline works if pup is over 1 yr. old. Before 1 yr. it can cause problems with their tooth enamme;. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
361 Posts
ye problem can people help

The third eye lid will come up frfom bottom and looks like it is a covering going over the eye. Rigth now I have 2 that's eyes are watering and I'm putting salve in ones and drops in the other one. The allergies are pretty bad right now. Some Bulldogs eyes do tend to run anyway. I'd like to know what the vet said. If it is a third eyelid and a cherry eye, it is removed very easily, but becareful because they do tend to get dry eye because of the removal of the third eyelid. One of my bulldogs got a scratch in her eye from the cat and the third eyelid came up. I applied salve to it and within a week it was better. She has learned to leave the cats alone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts