Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ONE OF THE PUPS FROM MY FIRST LITTER HAS A SLIGHT EYE PROBLEM IT WEEPS A LOT DOG HAS BEEN TO THE VET AND VET SAID ITS NOT THE THERD EYE LID BOTH HE AND I AGREE POSABLY ALIERGES BENADRILL BUT THE DOG HAS BEEN ON IT FOR ABOUT 3-4 MONTHES IT GETS BETTER AT TIMES BUT NOW ITS WEEPING YELLOW PUSS LIKE EARLY MORING EYE BOGGIES ANYSUG ON WHAT TO TREAT OR WHAT IS IT

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
It sounds liek pnik eye/conjunctivitis that humans get, but I don't know if dogs can get it. One thing to ask your vet is if it's possible for dogs to get clogged tear ducts...humans can (particularly infants) and it causes watery eyes and eventually yellow pus-type stuff to leak. It's usually corrected thru warm compresses and massageing the tear ducts and if necessary and quick easy surgery.

Like I said, I don't know if this is even a possibility with dogs, but definitely somehting to ask your vet!

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
It is most definite that he could have a block in his duct. When Atticus went in to get fixed, the doctor was going to send something down there to unblock them, but we found out prior it was allergies. You should ask if the surgery is an option for you.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
My boxer, Shelby, always does this too right at the beginning and end of summer when allergies are the worst. I have to give her the benadryl daily throughout summer & fall or her eyes do this same thing. Funny thing is she didn't start doing it until last summer, but either way, that's what it was. You may want to take him to the vet to double check it's not some sort of infection of any kind. Hope he gets better soon! :D

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
thanks everyone for the in put i never thought it could be the eye duct i will let the owners know and have them try a hot compress

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
told owners to take him back to the vet and see if it is clogged and they sais thet will try a hot compress when i bought my last pup we ran into a touch of cherry eye so i know what that is and how to treat the owners of the dog take care of the dog but not like they should they lover him verry much walk him a least 3 to 4 night a week but he has had fleas all sumer and they really didnt do any thing about it till his ass was dam rear raw so finally my girlfriend and cinde of said something to them and i must give them creddit they just started to take him to the gromers one a week for fleas meds and baths and tee tree oil ( verry good for all dogs coats same with fish oils) well i have taken up a lot of your time so if u have any questions please feel free to ask

1 - 6 of 6 Posts