Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deuce likes to nip faces when he gets excited. What can I do to stop this? He knows the word owe. When I say it he stops but the next time I ask for kisses he nips again.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
say "ow" or "no" and then walk away and ignore him completely for a few minutes. then go back and try again. he will learn that everytime he nips you with=hold attention. also praise him when he is acting nice so he knows what behaviour you want from him.

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
Dont ask for Kisses #-o ...he is a dog..you dont want them licking your face he licks all kinds of other stuff all day :pukeleft: ...

·
Registered
39 Posts
DEUCE'S DAD said:
Deuce likes to nip faces when he gets excited. What can I do to stop this? He knows the word owe. When I say it he stops but the next time I ask for kisses he nips again.
My baby used to have the same problem. I held back any interaction until she callmed down and then we would play.

When Deuce nips "yelp" loudly and get up and walk away for a few minutes. This takes time before they realize you go away when you get nipped, but it does work.

Puppy teeth are sharp huh? :)

I hope something helps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Erica said:
Dont ask for Kisses #-o ...he is a dog..you dont want them licking your face he licks all kinds of other stuff all day :pukeleft: ...
DITTO!

I wish my 2 year old son would figure that out!!!!!

:pukeright:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
ICON said:
Erica said:
DITTO!

I wish my 2 year old son would figure that out!!!!!

:pukeright:
awwww...you guys are no fun!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
apbtgurl26 said:
Erica said:
I :love2: doggy kisses... :wink:
Me too. As long as their breath doesn't stink!
oh for sure!!! Nothing worse than stinky dog breath! (unless it's stinkier doggy farts!)

·
Registered
594 Posts
peeblerelf said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
apbtgurl26 said:
Erica said:
oh for sure!!! Nothing worse than stinky dog breath! (unless it's stinkier doggy farts!)
Kisses are the bestest. I hate the kisses along with a free burp prize though!! LOL

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Hug~A~Bully said:
peeblerelf said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
apbtgurl26 said:
Erica said:
Kisses are the bestest. I hate the kisses along with a free burp prize though!! LOL
LMAO Chopper is notorious for that! :roll:

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Yes, doggy kisses are a necessity for me!!! As soon as I get home each night I get tackled by both dogs & get all kinds of kisses!!! :D Makes you feel so loved and missed :love5:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Don't get me wrong. I love the kisses too. I'm still trying to figure out who loves me more, my wife or my puppy!

She would just like it for my two year old son to not get kisses on his mouth. :pukeright:

As for the burpping in my face, I haven't gotten to experience that yet. The farting................oh yes, we have!

:lol:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
The burping in the face is always nice too....not quite as nice as when you wake up and the dog is sleeping next to you and farts in your face!

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
I love puppy kisses as much as the next person, but until your pup learns that nipping is not accepted, he will continue to nip at your face. Lay off the kisses until he gets the idea not to nip. :)

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
Hug~A~Bully said:
peeblerelf said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
apbtgurl26 said:
Erica said:
YUMMY...

·
Registered
39 Posts
HausMommy said:
I love puppy kisses as much as the next person, but until your pup learns that nipping is not accepted, he will continue to nip at your face. Lay off the kisses until he gets the idea not to nip. :)
I agree. Stop the nipping now, or you won't be enjoying any kisses later! :cry:

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Mason is just learning the kisses.. When I say give me kisses alot of the times he stays still and when I get close enough he gently gives me kisses but when I say good boy he gets all excited and goes to nipp... ONLY THING is that when I say OW and walk away he chases after me and goes for my feet.. this dog does not like to be alone... he's sooooo curious.... so its virtually impossible to ignore him especially when he's going for you feet

1 - 20 of 25 Posts