Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often and how much do you feed him/her?? My pup is 5 months old weighs 36 lbs and gets fed 3 times a total of 5 cups of food daily..

Jeremy

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
It totally depends on the quality of the food, the metabolism of your dog, and the activity level of your dog. Bella is 60 lbs., moderately active, and gets 1.5 cups of food twice a day.

·
Banned
3,926 Posts
my 3 get what ever they can eat at the sitting twice a day when they hit 1 year of age then it will be monatured !mesured?(sp)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ALPHAMALE said:
my 3 get what ever they can eat at the sitting twice a day when they hit 1 year of age then it will be monatured !mesured?(sp)
If I did that with Tank he would Expolde!! He is Food CRAZY.. He looks great though, really lean, you can see all his chest and shoulder muscles. I thought over feeding them was very bad on the joints?

Jeremy

·
Registered
451 Posts
I feed Boss 1 3/4 (approximately) cups twice daily he is 55lbs and 8 months old. I over feed him just slightly because he just burns it right off, he is a very slender boy :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
OK , am I underfeeding my pup?

I am feeding her 1/2 cup 2 to 3 times a day. she is 15 to 16 weeks and weight is about 20lb - 25 lbs. Maybe why she isn't pooping a lot?

I feel such like a Noob.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Re: OK , am I underfeeding my pup?

Medic Batista said:
I am feeding her 1/2 cup 2 to 3 times a day. she is 15 to 16 weeks and weight is about 20lb - 25 lbs. Maybe why she isn't pooping a lot?

I feel such like a Noob.
Well, it is recommended that until the puppy is six months old, that you feed it three times per day. However, I never did that with Boss, I always fed him twice a day. What kind of food are you feeding her? The food I give Boss recommends at about 20-25lbs you feed the puppy 2-2.5 cups per day. So, some days you feed her 1 cup of food and some days you feed her 1.5 cups?

·
Registered
416 Posts
I feed Daisy two cups in the morning, and two at night. She is 44 lbs at four months, and is perfectly healthy, not overweight at all. She is extremely active, and runs all day. Royal Canin is what I feed her.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ok then ---

I have to weigh her but she is going to be 4mths old come next week, she feels to be a bout 20-25lbs could be off a few. But Just go by the list on the bag for the appropriate weight/ Or do I beef heer up - kinda like a fat baby is a healthy baby? :twisted:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Mine is fed only once daily. Anywhere from 6-10 cups of food (maybe) and extra scraps. She'll be 8 months the 22nd and weighs 70lbs.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
You start with the guidelines on the bag. Haus is 11 months, and he gets 1.5 cups 2x a day. He's a big boy, at almost 70 lbs. He's not overly thin, nor over weight. It depends on how much exercise the dog gets, the quality of the kibble, etc. I think more than 4 cups a day is WAY overdoing it.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Re: OK , am I underfeeding my pup?

Medic Batista said:

I feel such like a Noob.

i think you're just fine. you have an EB, right?

mine is 6 months at 37lbs (just had her weighed at the vet on Sat), she's very active but i only feed her 1.5 cup in the morning and 1 cup in the evening. she never seems to be starving. sometimes she even leaves food in her dish.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Bruiser1523 said:
I feed Daisy two cups in the morning, and two at night. She is 44 lbs at four months, and is perfectly healthy, not overweight at all. She is extremely active, and runs all day. Royal Canin is what I feed her.
Bruiser... what type of Royal Canin do you feed Daisy?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts