Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i feed Angel kibble and she eats it so fast that i think she might choke on it. I normally put a little water ion her food to soften it up, if i don';t she somtimes puke it back up. Now my finance seems to have a problem with puting the water in the food. Any advise on weather or not i should do that?

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Both of mine did that, these bully's are little pigs. If you pup is over 10 weeks old it probably doesn't need water added to it, just the kibble will be fine.

Try putting a can of Tuna not opened in the bowl, then they have to work around it to get to the kibble, that should slow her down a bit.

Oh yeah she is only puking it up cause she is eatting it too fast, don't worry, just try to slow it down

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
A few things my vet suggested doing, since I have a dog who used to WOLF down his food:

Put water in the food about 15 minutes before you feed.

or

Spread the food out on a cookie sheet. The dog won't be able to gobble up huge mouthfuls.

or

Put a big rock or something in their bowl so they have to work around it. This slows them down as well.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
HausMommy said:
A few things my vet suggested doing, since I have a dog who used to WOLF down his food:

Put water in the food about 15 minutes before you feed.

or

Spread the food out on a cookie sheet. The dog won't be able to gobble up huge mouthfuls.

or

Put a big rock or something in their bowl so they have to work around it. This slows them down as well.
We all learn something new every day...! This is very helpful to me also, because Koda eats as if it's his last meal. He literally dives into the bowl, and will keep his two front feet in the bowl the entire time. I'll have to get a pic of him doing it...it's hilarious! :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts