Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just put Baylee to bed and in the morning she will be operated on (spayed), i hope it doesn't break her spirit, definitely harder for me than her, huh?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Don't feel guilty!! Though it's controversial spaying has health benefits for your dog. Plus it's so much easier on her and you when she comes into heat. Just think no putting her up, doggy diapers... lol Think of it this way as well if she was to get Pyometra it could cost you $600-$1000 to save her life! I'm sure your getting a much better deal on the spay! ;) Plus your actually helping the overpopulation crisis, as well as being a responsible owner! She won't hold a grudge against you, she'll be grateful you came back to save her. Now the vet, that's iffy? lol ;)

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all the logic behind it makes sense :wink: i just hate she's going to be cust open.

all is good, i know. thank you :wink:

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so i dropped her off at 7:30am, filled out the necessary paperwork.... decided to get her microchipped since it was offered on the forms.

i pick her up around 5ish..... the poor girl didn't want to go, they had to drag her in behind the counter door. now i know why the vet never has carpeted floors. dogs can get an easier grip.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
she's all weird and stuff.....
she didn't even recognize me when i picked her up.

she seems to be doing very well, although she's not eating or drinking, at all and i've had her home now for 2 hours :?
i take her out every 20 minutes, but all she does is poo
and it looks like it hurts
almost like she feels and thinks she has to poo, so she strains and maybe a pebble falls out

she won't let me look at her tummy, and i'm not going to force the issue.
i feel so bad for her :cry:

EDIT: she's also shivering a little bit and her skin is very warm around her belly :?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Bless her heart, she's probably loopy from the anasthesia. Does she enjoy her crate, or have a bed or anything? I'd put her in her own private place and let her enjoy some good peaceful sleep. Glad everything went ok, she'll be much better in the morning. :wink:

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i did have her in her crate, which she liked for the first hour. but then she started to whine so i brought her out and put her beside the couch....

although she can't get comfy, she constantly up and down and sometimes stands and stares. i got some liquid pain meds but they said not to give it to her until tomorrow

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
This is all really normal. It does hurt to poo because they have to tighten their abdominal muscles to do it. She's shivering partly because of the anesthetic and partly because she hurts. She'll be much better in the morning.

Give her ((((hugs)))) from Buster.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I know you are sad and worried but she will be just fine in the morning. Believe me she will start (if she hasn't already) acting totaly normal like nothing happened. If it was you or me we would be in bed for a week all dopped up.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
today is much much better, thank you all.... and thanks Buster for the hugs!!!!

when i spoke to you all on Friday, she was all groggy, etc. well, my step-son's 18 bday was 4-8 so we all stayed up until midnight to have cake.... all went well, sang happy bday.... cut the cake.... and then,

yack!! projectile vomit!!! poor baylee wanted to give him a birthday he'd never forget!!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
snarky said:
yack!! projectile vomit!!!
Oh, the poor little petunia! I bet she looked pretty sorry for herself when that happened (mine always do)!

Continued hopes for her speedy recovery!

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yep, pretty funny stuff.

she took off running with this little scared face and hid behind the island while i cleaned it up. she's only puked once and it was nothing like that.

poor baby!! i sat and cuddled her after on her bed and put a blankie around her, she finally fell asleep about 30 minutes later.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
awwwww poor Baylee --- I'm so glad Mags was already spade before I got her - I would have been the worrying mother like you!!! LOL Im glad Baylee is feeling better - from what I hear its a very quick recovery!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts