Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About how many days preg. can you feel movement from puppies? What does it feel like? :?

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Here - try this link. It's a timeline that helped me with my last foster-litter. If you put your mouse over the red bars, there should be a line telling you what each time period will bring (it works on my pc, but not on my Mac, just fyi).

As for what it feels like, it's very cool. You will be able to feel the babies moving around in there. Just put your hand on her belly and wait patiently. Trust me - you'll know it when you feel it! :D

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What link do you want me to go to? I don't see one. I think I felt something gently rolling under my fingers. Do you think that was a pup?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, I had my hand on her stomache for about a minute and all of a sudden I felt like a wave roll across my hand and then it stopped. You think that was a puppy?

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Yes - definitely! When Cassie was getting close, I found myself absolultely enthralled with that feeling. Every time she laid down, I would just lie there with my hand on her belly and feel the pups do cartwheels. You know - you can't just walk up to any random pregnant woman and ask to feel her baby moving, but dogs don't mind. :D

·
Registered
380 Posts
I love when they have the puppies, Mazie and I bond so much. I love feeling those little babies, I still cant believe it takes only sixty days, Gods design is so amazing to me.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wonder how many pups she will have? I can only feel movement right beneath her ribs in the center of her stomache. I don't feel movement anywhere else! :?

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
I can't help you there. If you put your hands on both sides of her belly, you will probably be able to tell if there's more than one, but not how many exactly. I was way off on my beagle - I was expecting two, three tops. She had six. :oops: She's such a tiny girl - I never woulda thunk it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow, she really had a litter. I hope we have about five tops but it's hard to tell!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts