Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.. does anybody have any ideas to stop fence fighting? Hemi (my AB) and the female Pit next door get into these fence fighting matches everyday. I put some boards up along the fence so they cannot see each other anymore and it has seemed to help, but not stop the behavior. I take Hemi on a 2 - 3 mile walk everyday and play tug with her for about 30 minutes so I don't think it's her just releasing energy. Does this possibly indicate that she may be dog aggresive? She gets along great with my 2 other dogs (but she was raised from a puppy with them). Is she just being territorial?

If anybody has any ideas on how I can stop this behavior, I would appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have a dog that fence fights with the neighbor and it is becuase the other dog is very territorial. He was there first so he sees this as his domain. We still have not figured out how to curb this problem, but since thefence is away from the yard she is always on the leash when she goes by we just give her a tug when she starts to act up. Another tip is to make your dog sit and/or lay down to release some of the adrenaline.

That or hope the neighbor moves soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.