Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you get you backgrounds to match the forum colour(transparent) and still save it in jpeg?

btw I love yours and Alpha's banners :)

Can u make me one of Roxy, just her on her own with, like urs without the banner part ?

·
Registered
586 Posts
I always save on a white background..........but that is a good question for Blittle. I noticed her avatar matches the forum. Does mine too? I have a button on my program that "optimizes for the web" Maybe the banner is transparent???

And funny you should ask me to do a banner for you..........I was considering making a "banner-makers" trade thread, where we all do banners of each other's dogs.....

I feel so honored that you asked me to do this by the way :eek: You are the person that "inspired" me to give it a try!

Yes, by the way. send me some pics and I get on it this week. \:D/ :biggrin:

·
Registered
448 Posts
You can 'get rid of the white background" so to speak it you save for the web.. it saves it in gif format. However... If you have any drop shadows or gradients it will mess with things. Yes gif it mostly for animations, but it saves on a transparent background for 'regular' things.

Here is one I had started not done yet... but without the shadow saved as jif..

with a simple shadow

So if you want to use shadows... you need the white background. I hope that made some sense & it was helpful. :)

*I know you didn't ask me but... * LOL

And Fina---- Wonderful job--- You do GREAT Banners!!! Roxy got me started with Adobe too. I was using PSP7 and I like adobe much better.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
What Alf said! If you use the "Save for Web" function in photoshop, it defaults as a .jpg. I believe if you save as a .gif you can get a transparent background. I'm going to test it right now! :)

Ok, so I tried it and it's true! You can still use the "Save for Web" function, but to keep the background transparent, you must save it as a .gif. There is a drop down in which you can change it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yep you can use the save for web function in Adobe for it. YOu can also do animations with it too. there is a check box.. animate. then a little "world" if you scroll down and you can see the animation.
:lol:

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'm not sure about photoshop, that's not what I use. I do know that I always save in jpeg unless it's an animation, then it's gif. I'll have to try saving in a gif and see what happens.

Thanks
Bridget

·
Registered
448 Posts
Well.. I thought you guys knew how to do that..... :oops: Next time I learn something new to me and neat.... I will pass it on. If you guys already know it.. then PFFFT!! LOL na just kidding.

It took me forever to learn how to do that. I was thinking I know people do it, but I wanted to know HOW. LOL So I learned how. Some other boards that I am on, have colored backgrounds, I didn't always want the white behind my graphics.

Have fun with it!! :lol:

·
Registered
448 Posts
here's what i was working on.. It HAS changed lol. But I like how it turned out.

If you want this flower photo to work with... (I love this one!) it is copyrtie..royalty free. I have a friend in OZ who took it for me. He's exellant with a camera. He sends me a lot of pics i can use. :)

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol! and a perfect blue it is! we love the banner, Thank so much :) and it wasn't an easy cut out....I've been trying for weeks !!

Edit: here's my attempt, btw I still prefer the one you made :D

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'm glad you like it.
I wonder if there is a format I can save the cut out to and just email it to you.
Mine are in "ufo" format, that's what my program uses.

I wonder if I saved it in .tif format you could use it.

give me your email in a pm if you want me to try.

Bridget

1 - 17 of 17 Posts