Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I wouldn't recommend putting bedding in it unless he's fully potty trained. They tend to potty in there if there's bedding in it. As far as sleeping in it - that's totally up to you...mine don't BUT they're also spoiled as hell :wink: Mine are only in theirs while we're at work or gone somewhere.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok cool! I think I will let him sleep in it until he is fully trained. I have leather funiture that he likes so I wont risk that at all lol. I also took him out of the room that I had him in until he is trained. He was ripping my tiles up :shock:

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Yeah, they're good at doing stuff like that!!! :lol: We've always had crates from the day they came home, but they still manage to tear everything up :shock:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I use to keep their crates where ever i was when they were in them at night The crate was in my bedroom so they could see me and day I moved it out into where i was , After they were house broken , I only use it when I have to go somewhere and i couldn't watch them. Make sure there is only enough room for them to stand up and turn around in it it is easy to brake them cause they don't like to soil and lay in it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have NO problem putting bedding in even though she isnt fully potty trained because she does not like going to the bathroom where she sleepsand I mean this is a really big crate I'd say 6 by 3 feet! and she has a pillow and blanket and her fav. toys!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Oh he will grow out of that crate in no time. I put bedding in Zack's crate the day we brought him home. He has never had an accident in his crate. Until he was completely potty trained he slept in his crate. Now when he is tired he will go in his crate to nap. At night he sleeps with my son, or in his crate with the door open. Now I only put him in his crate when we are not home, or when he gets a bone or other big treat that will take him a while to eat. Good luck, let us know how he does.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Are you serious?? You can bring back your crate and pay the difference for a new one. I just went last week and bought the EXTRA LARGE crate for Zack because the large was getting to small!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
No its ok to have a small one mine was bought for a Malamute so it was big but I use it for tootse now the point is they dont like to go to the bathroom where they sleep even idf they arent full poddy trained!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts