Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all, my name is Chris, and obviously this is my first post. I was wondering if I could pick the brains of some of you more experienced members. My wife and I have decided that an AB is the breed for us, and we are looking to do things right. Looking for advise to ask breeders, what to look for in a quality breeder, ect. I have been inquiring to a few breeders unfortunatly though without much luck. Is there anyone out there that is willing to go out on a limb and either through a name of a quality breeder, or maybe if that is not proper on this forum, maybe discuss an experience with one. I can tell you that I have only thus far come across one breeder that everyone is saying stay away from, I will put out his name on here but he is in west virginia, and apperently has been selling dog with less than quality hips.

I have come across a few kennels that I have inquire to if anyone cares to comment.
Josua Kennel-(waiting list for atleast the next 30)
Vanguard (al Joy)- no longer into breeding
Apple Jacks contacted via email and no responce
No sure of kennel name but a man/wife team in virginia that have a dog name major pain that from what I am told have some high quality dogs.

Other name that I have come across on varies sites that I havent contacted yet are Boyds,elevenpeaks,moutain gator kennels, and black champ.

If info help we are looking for a female, color is optional, bigger bully type, well socialized (3 kids) looking for high quality. I am sure I will get the question plans for the dog protection/agility/pulling/breeding ect. First and foremost we want a pet/campanion as for some of the other things if I can find out some info somewhere on that type of stuff in my area I would love to get into those types of things exspecially show/bite work stuff. I am sure there is a million things I have left out to ask, but wanted to through out the basics and see if I get any help. Please let me know if more info is needed. By the way I am in virginia and am not new to bully breeds. Thanks to all that help.

chris

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Lisa, Attitude and Carrie will be able to help you best.

I know Boyds is good, I would definately check out their site. Also Kinghaven kennels has some AWESOME dogs!!! I was looking into getting one from there, but changed my mind when I saw my pup. I got mine from www.prescottsamericanbulldogs.com I don't know if there is any left or not.

Kudos to you for doing everything right. I am glad to hear that you wanting to go to a reputable breeder.

·
Registered
720 Posts
What are you looking for in a dog first of all? Do you plan on doing protection work with him? Is he just going to be a family pet? These are some pretty important questions that need to be answered because different breeders breed for different purposes! For example you have (blackchamps kennel) listed and he breeds his dogs for working and they have a real high drive and would probably not be right for a first time owner who is just looking for a family pet to hold down the couch and make sure it does not fly away!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to those who have responded. That is a very good question about what I want to do with her. At this point I have to be honest and say I am not 100% yet. The reason that is, because I am trying to find more info on protection work in my area (virginia). A good friend of mine is going to call Paul (major pain)who was the guy mention in my earlier post who has working dog and make an arrangment for me to go and see his dogs and talk with him. Apperently he is hog hunting this weekend, but is to return on Sunday. I had not realized, but my friend had talked to him yesterday, and he is willing to talk with me, and even help to find a pup. I would really like to work my dog, I think that is something I could get really involved with, but as I said I am not aware of its popularity in my area. I am hopeing Paul can shed some light on that for me. Thanks for the reply on the kennel recomendation I am going to check them out. I will be doing what seems to be my norm as of latetly and spending the next 2 hour on the net and doing research on the breed. I think I am up to "H" on the master breeder list on dog resources web page.Thanks again, and keep any info coming.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bremner just to show how small the world is. I was checking out the prescott site and didnt even realize that this is the place that my best friend got his male from. If you look at elvis on the site thats my buddies dog. He is fantastic has so much personality it is unreal.Just thought I would share that with you incase for whatever reason you like to see how he turns out in the future.Thanks

·
Registered
720 Posts
I would not over look elevenpeaks if you are thinking about a working dog they produce some good puppies he has lines from Lichthardt and Steve Leclerc, very hard hitting dogs with a good bite!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ambull040769,
Thanks for the responce. I have looked at that site a number of times. I have very high on my list as of right now. Love his male. If you read on his site though he was only taking 4 deposits per litter starting way back in sept. I am sure witha dog like that they were filled long ago, but I guess it wouldnt hurt to contact him.Thanks again

chris

·
Registered
720 Posts
Another breeder you might want to check out to is kennedy's american bulldogs http://www.kennedysamericanbulldogs.com/ thats where I got my ambull and he has not disappointed me! Dougs dogs have been featured in many magazines and have won many titles and awards. If you type in kennedys american bulldogs you will see alot of well known breeders with his dogs in there pedigree, my dog has many well know dogs in his as well! I will post his ped so you can see what kennedy's lines are consisted of and he offers the best guarantee (if you are unhappy with your dog for any reason he will replace it) and he will put it in writing! I done alot of homework on ambulls before I picked him as the breeder I was going to buy my pup from!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts