Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
518 Posts
Heh. You know what they say...fastest way to ruin a good breed is for it to become popular. Do the rest of us a favor and leave breeding to professional breeders - ESPECIALLY with an English Bulldog. I don't think you have the first clue what you're getting into with breeding an EB.

If you thought the "intent of this board" was to encourage and give information to every jackass back yard breeder that comes along, you pretty much could not have been more wrong.

· Registered
518 Posts
But, she has drive and she would work your dog into the ground at 7 years old. Pound for pound I would bet on her. This breeder believes that DRIVE is very important in his dogs and they have it and they will perform when it is asked of them.
Hmm. Maddi has all the drive I could want...too much for a pet. Pull out a toy and she goes nuts. Smaller dog walking down the street, she goes nuts. Stranger walking down the street, she tries to jump through the window. Playing tug I can swing her around in circles, she goes nuts for the tug toy. Never worked with a sleeve, but once she got it she'd be all over it. Damn why don't I have her in protection sports?

Oh yeah....she spooks so bad at any unexpected noise or motion that she's almost uncontrollable. Get near anything that even RESEMBLES the pound and she tries to bolt. Lots of good that would do me in the real world.

Point being, drive is a small part of a big whole when you're looking at working your dog. I know nothing about working and breeding and I at least know that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.