Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Well, some people are pretty negative around here as far as new breeders. My wife and I plan on breeding our ABs in 1.5 years. My wife is working on getting her vet tech degree and is going take some classes on breeding dogs specifically. Flame me if you will. I have had Dobies, AmStaff, and hounds. I have helped my relatives at their hound and terrier kennels when I was growing up. I will be learning as much as humanly possible in the next year and if I believe that I can't handle it I won't breed my dogs. I want to breed them because they are the most impressive breed I have seen. I want to produce the most beautiful dogs possible with good temperament, bone structure, athleticism, and drive. When we used to tree ***** with our hounds you would quickly realize if your breeding attempts were productive and what type of dog you had. You needed different types of hounds to fit the hunting bill. I learned that some dogs have a specific working purpose. Also, I have a great friend that currently breeds ABs whom I am getting my pups from that will gladly help me when I ask. If new breeders didn't appear to replace breeders who retire and decide to leave the profession the breed could expire. That almost happened to ABs before in their history. Thanks to a few people that did not happen. There are a number of extinct dogs out there by the way.

· Registered
23 Posts
NCL - Canine Neuronal Ceroid Lipofuscinosis...so you aren't the only one that knows. Oh my! Even though you think you are. I will make a guess that you either have a kennel and don't want competition or you want a kennel but can't handle the work it entails. It seems you are addicted to bitching at people on the internet. You probably don't realize but some people have a knack for things. Some people play baseball, some chess, and some might have a knack for breeding quality dogs. Not saying that is me, but you badmouth everyone that wants to try. I sure hope you aren't a teacher!!! Your pupils would be messed up!
And, I have a good year to figure out if I would or would not breed my dogs. I might decide to breed one and not the other and be required to find a suitable partner. I will have them X-rayed and do whatever tests I deem necessary. I have it covered and believe I will do a better job than you would.
And, since you could not figure out what I meant by dogs going extinct look up Havanese Silk Dog. There are dog breeds that have become extinct. If you know so much about dogs I figured you knew that. Ever hear of the Dodo?
As far as testing them. I plan on pulling with them. When they hit about 14 months I will order a pulling harness. There isn't much around here for competitions so I can't say how many I will hit. But, pulling it good excercise for dogs regardless. I plan on taking the dogs to shows also so they can be judged.
Where can you take a class on dog breeding? It is called college classes. I bet much of it entails genetics.
My friend sold a dog to a friend of his that took the dog at around 8 months to a hog catch. A hog got close to where they were sitting and he grabbed it's nose through the fence. That is instinct and breeding if you can't figure it out.
And, where does it say in the AB standard that a dog should be anit-social to people???? Is that just your requirement?
Disposition: Alert, outgoing and friendly with a self-assured attitude. Some aloofness with strangers and assertiveness toward other dogs is not considered a fault.
Doesn't say they can't be people dogs. They are used in protection work and many people expect them to protect their families. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.
Just because I love my dogs and think they are sweet doesn't mean they are not good ABs. Do you have to be mean to dogs before they are worthy of your praise??
I have better things to do this holiday season than worry about a grinch like you. You need some help. I took quite a few Psych classes in school and I can give you some free advice. Please repeat the phrase "There are other people in the world that have a clue. I am not the second coming of the Lord" 100 times and think about it.

· Registered
23 Posts
You need to ease up on attacking people IMO. People should not have to write out a complete book to show competancy just so they aren't antagonized. I let my wife read some of your posts because she is far more easy going than I am. I am actually a pretty hardnosed person. You can ask our 3 boys when it is chore time. Anyway, the wife thought your posts were very negative and antagonistic also.
I came to the forum to see what I could learn, what I should learn more about, to get a few more web links in my favorites, etc. But, besides for some people enjoying the sharing of pictures I see people getting a lot of grief. And, grief isn't worth it.

· Registered
23 Posts
Lisa said:
Led said:
Anyway, the wife thought your posts were very negative and antagonistic also.
Of course she did! I called you out and made you look silly. You don't even understand what proper working temprament is, (you make that VERY obvious) and you want to breed what is supposed to be working dogs!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: If you made the remarks on a working dog forum that you made here, you would be laughed right off and thats a fact. I think you have a long way to go before you should even be thinking about breeding!!! If you can't bear to wait and educate yourself (and sorry to break it to ya, but its gonna take more than 1.5 years), then maybe you should think of breeding lap dogs and leave the working dogs alone!
No, because she knows how passionate I am about our future with ABs. She didn't believe you made me look silly. She thinks you have a lot of pent up frustration...maybe a few decades and you need some intimate time. And, she knows how much I hit the books on the subject. She knows how much I have stored away upstairs about dogs and I am not going to waste my time writing a thesis for you to read. And, that same sweet dog was aloof the first time I met her and only until my friend let her know I was okay did she settle down and accept me. She did so wholeheartely though. But, she has drive and she would work your dog into the ground at 7 years old. Pound for pound I would bet on her. This breeder believes that DRIVE is very important in his dogs and they have it and they will perform when it is asked of them. Believe it or not working dogs CAN BE part of a family. They can love kids. They can love grandparents. They can love people in general after being introduced to strangers by the dominant pack leader in their life.
You fail to recognize things. Do you think that everything is black & white? Even if you with all your Legend In Your Own Mind knowledge had two dogs and bred them the litter will NOT be all the same. Not every dog in it would be of Champion quality even though you would say they were. Not every dog would be a show dog. That is GENETICS at work. Would every pup be the same size? Would they all the be same color? Why do people charge more money for first pick? It sounds like you believe you could produce perfect litters with your massive amounts of experience and knowledge. You could blow geneticists away couldn't you. Screw the government grants they receive for research they just need to ask you right!
And, should I start breeding ABs my contracts and dogs will do all the talking. I think you menioned it yourself.......people need to investigate what they buy. If they CHOOSE to buy from me they are evidently happy with the pup. And, I will be choosy on who I sell to. I would NEVER sell a dog to you because you probably beat your dogs if they disappoint you.
It also comes down my ability to learn. I have that ability. How many college degrees do you have? I have two. A double major BA and an Associates in Mechanical Engineering. I have the ability to learn. I have proven that time and again. Do you?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.