Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I live on 10 acres in Washington state. We are looking to purchase our first bull dog for the purposes of breeding. We have noticed they range from price just under $1,000 to sometimes $2,500. Obviously we want to have the correct paperwork and registrations.

We are hoping those experienced here can guide us on our first purchase. The puppy will be inside our home with a child. In a kennel in the house at night - and the rare times it must be left on it's own - a chained fence run outside in the day.

We also were wondering if it would be appropriate to get a mail or just use a stud service? We know a couple other local families who have done this and understand all that is involved - but just need some help getting started.

Thank you

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everyone has to start somewhere. I was certain I will get some types of discouraging emails from the more experienced and professionals out there. Not to say that was your intent - but it did have some awkwardness to it albeit very honest.

We have done much research as far as internet can provide and spoken with 2 other families who have chosen this path also.

We are looking for more guidance from the experts who appear to be on this board. This puppy will become a "part" of our family and will be treated extremely well. The breeding part I am just being honest in and we hope we can rely on folks here to treat our new family member as well as possible.

I forgot to mention I guess in my first post - but we were looking at the British Bulldog breed.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We have had litters from smaller breeds and are aware of the complexity of this one as far as information gathered from others and the internet.

I must say this board is pretty hard towards sharing information. Seems like most are slamming us and resistant towards us having this wonderful addition to our family and/or the thought of having a litter.

I really appreciate all those who have emailed me directly and have offered some practical guidance. We are hours away from picking up our first pup and are really excited about it.

It appears that asking for help here won't get us too far so we will have to rely on other sources. This is too bad as we really thought this was the intent of this board.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.