Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
101 - 119 of 119 Posts

· Registered
1,522 Posts
jayse2303 said:
People are so cruel, why would anyone want a dog that's gonna have all sorts of problems cause they have been bred to be big. I'd rather have a healthy dog anyday.
As would I. But some people don't think about the dogs. They only think of what the dog can do for their ego.

· Registered
1,645 Posts
kogeki said:
If you're a miller like Mugleston then you make money.

And produce poor pathetic 100lb pits like this and advertise them as "massively short" #-o

Dogs like this should NEVER be called a pit, they should think of a new name for them, its a discrace to APBT. Poor dogs. Did you see the prices they are going for :shock: $6000.00????

· Registered
1,522 Posts
Bremner53 said:
Dogs like this should NEVER be called a pit, they should think of a new name for them, its a discrace to APBT. Poor dogs. Did you see the prices they are going for :shock: $6000.00????
Yeah, its disgusting. I dont know who the hell would want a dog like that. The poor animals are going to have so many health problems. A few of their dogs are even bow legged. Its hard to even look at them.

· Registered
6,256 Posts
Bremner53 said:
http://muglestonspitbullfarm.com/females/sugar.html

This is the ONLY dog on their site that I thought looked like a pit should.
I agree. What's disgusting it the first line on her bio:

"Sugar is definitely our baby. She is no doubt my wife's pride and joy. She is certainly in no way a representation of Mugleston's Pitbull Farm and is in no way what we are breeding for. In fact, in most ways she is the opposite of what we are breeding for."

Disgusting!

· Registered
2,239 Posts
HausMommy said:
Bremner53 said:
http://muglestonspitbullfarm.com/females/sugar.html

This is the ONLY dog on their site that I thought looked like a pit should.
I agree. What's disgusting it the first line on her bio:

"Sugar is definitely our baby. She is no doubt my wife's pride and joy. She is certainly in no way a representation of Mugleston's Pitbull Farm and is in no way what we are breeding for. In fact, in most ways she is the opposite of what we are breeding for."

Disgusting!
so basically they are saying they are breeding for dogs that DONT look like pit bulls?!?!?!?

· Registered
7,502 Posts
Ok, I walked away from this thread to collect my thoughts and all I can say is WOW. Rachel, what are you thinking? You come on here with ridiculous statements which clearly show your lack of understanding regarding dogs and breeding yet you want to be applauded for wanting to breed? Unbeleivable.

A few quotes by Rachel Casey:

What I don't understand is why do you have to buy a puppy to breed that is show bound. But if you ask me I think that is cruel.
What are you talking about? First of all no one is really even talking about show dogs and second of all how is standing in the ring and moving your dog around it a couple times CRUEL? You mean to tell me a working dog such as an AB isn't capable of such a simple task?

What if you just have a good, nice tempermant family pet that you want to spread for other families to enjoy?
YES, but first, you have to understand what a good temperament is, and most people don't understand that , especially when you are dealing with a working breed.

Lisa, how did you get into breeding? Did you have formal training and materials, or does it come from experience
Why does everyone assume I am a breeder? Just because I speak out against irresponsible breeding means I must be breeding myself? Why, because you figure I am trying to scare off the competetion? Anyone who thinks this couldn't be more wrong. I am not going to say that I will never breed but one thing for certain is that it won't be done for the reason of filling the pet market and padding my pockets. It will be done for ME first (I would have to be in the market for a pup or 2 myself) and only if I have a waiting list of others who are interested in a pup from a particular breeding as well...I won
t breed just to be left with a bunch of pups I don't have proper homes for. Last but not least, I highly doubt there will be any SELLING...not that I think charging money is bad or anything (I paid for both my dogs) its just that the business part of breeding doesn't interest me. I would rather place the pups for free into homes that I would prefer, say friends (more specifically working homes) where I knew I could trust the people I was placing the pup with. It would make me much happier to know those puppies were in my ideal type of home even if it meant giving them away. Breeding dogs isn't about $$$ to me, its about producing better dogs than I have for my own and the breeds benefit!!

Why do you want to keep AB's not popular? I think they are great family dogs and that is what a lot of people look for.
Because the more people that know about them the more people who will want to irresponsibly breed them! The more people who breed, the more excess, the more CRAP that is produced and good homes for bully breeds just aren't all that common.

I would like to become a nationally known breeder but that would take a long time
The only way you are going to accomplish that is by listening to what everyone is telling you and by working and showing dogs yourself. Learn how to indentify strengths and weaknesses. Learning about proper temperament, health problems, genetics (in breeding, linebreeding, outcrossing, COI)..do you even know what I am talking about ?? If you want the respect of the AB community you are definitely not going to get it by breeding any 2 dogs that happen upon your yard that you haven't even bothered to try proving.

But what I still don't understand is why everyone thinks that AB's are not good family pets, because from my two I believe they are great family pets. And There temperments are not too strong for a family. I personally would feel more secure with my AB's to be around when I have children then a Labrador. I also see that everyone is all about this working dog stuff. Well, I personally find that cruel.
My gosh, the more of your posts I read, the more I want to bang my head against a brick wall. Working dog stuff cruel? WTF? Why do you think so many breeds were developed in the first place? The majority of breeds were bred for a specific task, even the Labrador is supposed to be a working dog (Retriever) but the backyard breeders have destroyed that breed too! What should we do Rachel? Ruin another magnficent working breed because you think its cruel to have your dog do anything but lay on a couch? Geeeezzzz, then you wonder why people are all over you. Amazing

My male is a Johnson type and I got him from a breeder here in the area. My female is........ I thought Bully, but everyone corrected me and there is no bully type.
Ok, you have now revealed that you don't even know the lineage of your dogs but you want to breed? Then you wonder why people are upset?

Bandit(male) is registered with Dog Registry of America, Inc.
What kind of registry is that? I think you got scammed.

My mom has a mean dog and I can't stand that dog. I don't understand why she is mean, because we never treated her bad or did things to make her mean.
This statement alone tells me that you should not even think about breeding. You do not have to mistreat a dog for it to have aggressive tenedecies. Sometimes they are just dominant and their owners don't have the skills to handle them or
it is fear based aggression because of bad genetics!!!!. If you don't even understand that temperament has a major genetic component how are you going to be able to produce well temperamented dogs?

Well, my mom has a half lab and half german sheaperd. I personally feel that german sheaperds are mean dogs. I have known quite a few sheaperds in my life and all of them for no reason were mean, but I think that is because alot of them are bred for police dogs, so they have to be aggresive. But man I was hoping my moms dog would have more lab in it.
More ignorance. You can't lump all GSD's together just like you can't lump all APBT's together. The GSD's you are referring to were probably backyard bred POS with horrible nerves that would probably never in a million years make a good police dog. I myself have seen several like this but I have also seen some very good ones. Remember, the more popular the breed, the more crappy ones there are out there, because people breeding don't know what they are doing! And, FYI dogs used in Police work or for personal protection should very well be able to be in a social situation. (Didn't you view my post with all the pictures) If a dog can't be trusted in a public place, how could it do its job? Again, like I said to LED, educate youself on what constitutes proper working temperament!!!!

I classify a working dog as, a dog that is show talented,
What is "show talented" and do you even know the difference between a show dog and working dog?

Rachel, please don't breed your dogs. Own them, enjoy them, be a responsible owner. Learn about what makes a good American Bulldog!!! Because right now you clearly don't know.

PS I don't care if you think I am rude.

· Registered
77 Posts
All i see on this bored is people posting that they have a pregnant bitch who was bred to the owners boyfriends brothers dog down the road, and what does everyone think?!

Or i see people like the orignal poster, people who have used their brains and havnt bred the dog yet, but they havnt even owned the breed before, they then choose one of the most difficult breeds to experiment with, and get upset about peoples views.

But what i dont see is people coming onto this bored and saying the following: (im going to use this as an example)

Hi, i have owned AB's for the last 7years and have decided i would maybe like to breed from them in the near future, but i was wondering what was the best way to go about it?
I understand that the AB is a working breed and would love to start agiligty training etc with a pup that i may choose in the near future for potential breeding.
If anyone knows of any agility courses around my area, aswell as other reptuable breeders (to gain knowledge and advice from-not to buy and breed from straight away) then i would be most appriactive.
Also i am aware of the diseases and genetic disorders that affect many ABs and have been reading up on and asking my vet about these.
I am still learning but if anyone has any good sites with illistrations etc that could help me understand, once again i would really appraicte it.

If i do breed in the near future, and it is a big if, i would only see this through if my dog proves worthy, both in conformation and working class shows.
I would love to prove the dog and in the process gain titles/expereince and at the end of this hopefully have a matured AB that has proven itself in the working world, and once i have what i and other reptuable breeders consider a "perfect specimen" then i will consider breeding :D

So is there anything i have left out? this is a "in the future" project, im not looking to purchase a puppy yet, untill ive done extensice research, and obviously then when i did i would have to train the animal, and then wait for it to mature, so we are talking 3-4years time approx, mayb longer, but im prepared to wait, as i dont want to ruin, this, i see it as i have one chance to prove me and my dog in the ring, and in the breeding world, so i want to do it right.

If i have missed anything dont hesitate to pm/email/post meand i am happy to take any critiscim, so type away :D BTW one final word, i am doing this for the love of the breed, NOT for money or the lifestyle..., i want to make a difference :D

Now if everyone posted like that, im sure there would be alot less flaming, bitching hostility whatever you want to call it, and people (espeically Lisa :wink: ) would be alot more welcoming. People have to do the reasrch themselves 1st, they cant expect that becuase they pay alot for a dog that it means its breed worthy, or becuase it has titles thats its breed worthy, they have to prove that dog, obviously its best to start with a dog from a well knowen proven breeder, but the ret is up to them, people dont relise that they have to do the hard work. Like i said before, my mum used to show and breed her dobermans, and she had been in the business for over 15years for the love of the breed, and in that time i can only remember a few litters..

Its the way people go about these things and just dont think them through. This woman may have done the right thing by posting before even getting the dog, but she still hadnt done enough research, thought it through, talked to real life REPTUABLE breeders (not others who have followed the same path, and consider them professionals)
And worst of all she couldnt handle the criticism, as she thought she had worked it all out, like a full proof plan. She coodlnt handle that lisa and others were right. And thats sad, hopefully she would have stuck around and read the entire thread and listen and will go back and rethink this whole breeding thing.
Hopefully she will have this puppy and keep it a pet, and own many more throughout the years before she even considers about breeding again.

[/i]

· Registered
22 Posts
Opinions are like buttholes, Everyone has one and it stinks :-&

There is a difference between opinions and trying humilating someone.

My Dads a Dr. He said those are not Opinions, it's PMS.
I took the liberty to do some research on PMS for you ladies.:wink:

What is PMS?

PMS (premenstrual syndrome) is the name of a group of physical, emotional and psychological symptoms that occur in the last two weeks of the menstrual cycle. PMS is very common, affecting four out of ten women. While most women have some discomfort before their periods, women with PMS have symptoms that can affect the quality of their lives and/or ability to do normal activities.

What causes PMS?

While it is not known what causes PMS, it is likely that changing hormone levels and brain chemistry play a role. Diet, activity level and stress may also be related to the severity of symptoms.

What are some of the symptoms of PMS?

There are over 150 symptoms that have been linked to PMS. Some of the more common ones are:

Emotional:
Depressed mood
Anger
Irritability
Feeling of loss of control
Tension
Restlessness
Anxiety

How do I know if I have PMS?

The best way to diagnose PMS is to keep track of your symptoms on a calendar for at least three months. If your symptoms follow a pattern each month, then you may have PMS. Your doctor may want to do some other tests to rule out other medical problems.

How is PMS treated?

Women with mild or moderate symptoms may get enough relief from changes in lifestyle alone. A healthy diet rich in complex carbohydrates like whole gain bread, rice, pasta and cereals, may help to relieve symptoms. Regular aerobic exercise for twenty minutes at least three times a week may also be helpful and has other health benefits as well. It is also known that stress makes PMS worse. Therefore doing things that you find relaxing and avoiding stressful activities for at least the week before your period may ease your symptoms. It is important to understand that it may take a few months before you notice any improvement.

Are there any medicines that help?

Women with severe symptoms and/or for whom lifestyle changes are not enough may benefit from medicines. One group of medicines is called the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors or SSRIs have been shown to improve emotional symptoms. These may be taken daily or during the last half of your cycle. Some anti-inflammatory medicines (some examples are Ponstan and Naproxen) may also help relieve physical and emotional symptoms if taken for the week before and first few days during your period. Some women also benefit from hormonal treatments and from a fluid pill called Spironolactone. Your doctor may have to try a number of treatments before finding the one(s) that work the best for you.

· Registered
1,435 Posts
Stewie Griffin said:
Opinions are like buttholes, Everyone has one and it stinks :-&

There is a difference between opinions and trying humilating someone.

My Dads a Dr. He said those are not Opinions, it's PMS.
I took the liberty to do some research on PMS for you ladies.:wink:

What is PMS?
What makes you think we are all women?

· Registered
230 Posts
bella_blue said:
So, you would breed your dog knowing full well that you don't know what the hell you are doing?? People like you are ruining the bully breeds.
Hate to jump into this but the UKC ruined the breed that is exactly why the ADBA was started. This post is not intended for Bella only.

· Registered
230 Posts
Rachel Casey said:
Speaking of cruel things. What does everyone think of cropping ears and tales? I have a friend that has a pure bread pit bull or bull staffors terrior or what ever they are called, and he wants to crop his ears and tale. I told him that was mean and Zeus is cute the way he is. My friend and I use the same vet, and our vet set he won't just do it, purely for my friends enjoyment. He said if there was a medical reason he would, but basically he told my friend that he won't do it. I was so happy that my vet said that.
Its the show dog mentality that promotes earcropping. Tail cropping should not be done on a pitbull since its a tool they use for balance and jumping. I was told that a judge would not like my female if her ears were not cropped. So I should go out and subject my 1500 investment to earcropping which could kill her so a UKC judge might like her and put her up. Ear cropping was desirable in the fighting days to prevent the ears from becoming ripped off during a fight.

Your dogs are gorgeous. :D

101 - 119 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.