Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant find the thread that a brand was recommended to me but I need to know what everyone recommends for flea meds.. I dont think mason has any but I want to keep him on it as a preventive.. I know advantix I think but I cant remember the other one...

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Andvantage & Frontline are the 2 best products out there at this time.

Stay away from Biospot & Hartz products as they are known to cause central nervous system (CNS) issues, usually resulting in death, in both dogs & cats.

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now Ill prob use the K-9 Advantix because ive heard that was the best one, but should I bath mason in some sort of flea killing shampoo just in case he does have them.. Im just trying to cover all the angles here because he hasnt gotten to the vet yet and he breaksout in these little red bumps and he gets real itchy.... so I have him on benadryl and that helps sometimes if I keep him on it..but he itches alot so I know he needs to be on flea preventive anyhow..

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think (I've read this somewhere before) that Frontline is proven to be the safest but I have found other products a little more effective. But Frontline is still extremely effective! :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
"Best" is subjective, even though I use Frontline too. I probably will quit using it after my batch runs out and use this (http://springtimeinc.com/product/148/2) instead.

We have a relative that uses this and lives by all kinds of woods with no problems. I have never been 100% sold ont he garlic stuff, so I figure I better try it myself. We use their Calmplex for Sibyl and it is the best money I have ever spent in my life!

If it doesn't work, I am going to try the K-9 Advantix next.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.