Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we gave Bub his flea and tick meds over the weekend and for the second month in a row I think the medicine may have drove him nuts. It seems as soon as I put it on him he gets very active and itchy. Itchy to the point that I have to keep him inside to keep him from rolling on his back in the flower beds :shock:.

Not only does he roll around in the dirt but he absolutely refuses to go into his crate without a nudge from us. Not sure what this is all about but it never happens any other time. By Sunday he is back to himself but for a 24 hour period he acts very strange. Guess I should call the vet and get a new brand? I'm just buying the normal 61-90lb treatment you can buy @ Petco.

Anyone else seen this from their dog?

We lost a lot of good flowers this weekend. Casualties of dog ownership :wink:

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Frontline did that to Haus, but now we have them both on Sentry.

·
Registered
269 Posts
It isn't Hartz is it? I just read some bad stuff on their flea products. I will post link if I can find it again.

Our dogs wigged out last time I gave them Frontline too. Acted like they were drunk. I just talked to someone at the dog park who gives this to their dogs and swears it is the best stuff and they never get fleas/ticks. I had read conflicting things on garlic, but may have to give it a try. We use their Calmplex and it is the best money I have ever spend in my life.

http://springtimeinc.com/product/148/2

34 Posts
I just had to put some flea stuff on my dogs too. The pug especailly went PSYCHO!!! Acted like it burned and she was on fire... ran laps in the living room.. tried to dig herself into the couch. real crazy. but then calmed down.. it probably tingled on them i imagaine.

I agree with the post above though.. Hartz is no good. (so i hear) I used zodiac.. got it at like super pets.. costs more.. but it was good stuff. Also had to fog my house.. in case they were lingering.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts