Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i use this flea spray called Adams Flea & Tick Mist for Dogs, Cats, Puppies, Kittens. It is supposed to last for 9 days or somthin, but kill all the fleas, and my pup still has fleas, and i keep finding some in my car, we travel every weekend. Can anyone give me some ideas for controling the fleas, and getting rid of them out of my car.

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
I use K9 Advantix on my dogs...no flea problems here! Try using either Advatix or Frontline...you can also order a CapStar which will kill ALL fleas on your dog within 1 hour, then apply the Frontline or Advantix. Try a household spray for inside your car and house/apartment. Also vaccuum your car really well.

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
For the car - spray it down with Raid and then vacumm after it has dried. Repeat the process ten days later to get the eggs that hatched. For the house - take you, your family and all the animals out and bug bomb it and then repeat 10 days later to get the hatched fleas. Wash all animal bedding. Bathe dog with a flea shampoo and dry. Then apply one of the flea preventatives such as Frontline, Advantage etc. There is one that takes care of fleas, ticks and mosquitoes. I would use that one. Get some Brewer's Yeast Tablets from walmart vitamin section and give your dog three of these daily for the rest of your dogs life. It will repel fleas. I have been using Brewers Yeast for the past two years with all of my dogs and have not had one flea on them and we live in Florida where they are very abundant. I do not have to use anything else. But you need to get rid of the fleas first from your dog, your car, your house and spray down your yard and repeat 10 days later. Then you can do your flea control.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts