Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i read a post on here about the bullmations, and i was just wondering if there was ever any follow up. I can't find any pictures or anything about this mix. Just thought i'd post to see if there was any new developments.

thanks so much

tedd foxx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Bullmations or Bullmatians

I have a Bullmatian and his name is Mack his mother was full blood Dalmatian and the father a full blood English Bulldog he is absolutely gorgeous he has the look of a Dalmatian but the wrinkly skin of a Bulldog! He is a wonderful dog and I would encourage anyone to get one. He plays well with the female Boxer we also have. If anyone would like photos reply and I can email you some photos of him!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Re: Bullmations or Bullmatians

GRSNSMB said:
I have a Bullmatian and his name is Mack his mother was full blood Dalmatian and the father a full blood English Bulldog he is absolutely gorgeous he has the look of a Dalmatian but the wrinkly skin of a Bulldog! He is a wonderful dog and I would encourage anyone to get one. He plays well with the female Boxer we also have. If anyone would like photos reply and I can email you some photos of him!
Post a pic of your bullmation, Id love to see him/her! Im sure others would as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,658 Posts
thats a new mix....interesting.


Would go well with my $hitbull (sheltie, pit cross)! :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,560 Posts
hmmmm weird how this person is doing a follow up but it is their first post? same with the person after them?

I acutally think I remember someone posting about this mix and they had bought this off of a purposful breeding
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,423 Posts
Kate said:
hmmmm weird how this person is doing a follow up but it is their first post? same with the person after them?

I acutally think I remember someone posting about this mix and they had bought this off of a purposful breeding
Yeah, something is funny here.... :-k
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts



These are some pictures of Mack, my Bullmatian the top one is him almost full grown and the bottom one is when he was just a puppy! I read somewhere that they were bred in order to get rid of some health issues in English Bulldogs. When I bought him a year and a half ago I didn't even know there was such a thing as a Bullmatian we just saw an ad in the paper and we thought he was cute!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,187 Posts
peeblerelf said:
thats a new mix....interesting.


Would go well with my $hitbull (sheltie, pit cross)! :lol: :lol: :lol:
How about a Chow Hound (bassetXChow)

Or a... Cockweiler (CockerXRottie)

I have seen both, in person. I used to groom them! Chowhound looked like a LOOOONG short chow, Cockweiler looked like a tiny rotty, with long ears. No long hair, just long ears.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
623 Posts
He's a very handsome boy. My neighbor has a dalmatian/pit mix. His looks mostly dalmation, but instead of black spots, she has black freckles that show through her fur. She does have black fur on her ears. I heard her brother from the same litter has a APBT head but a dalmatian body with only 2 black spots of fur. You never know what you'll get. When she was a pup, she really looked like APBT. Here are some pics of her playing with my girls.


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,658 Posts
CowBella said:
peeblerelf said:
thats a new mix....interesting.


Would go well with my $hitbull (sheltie, pit cross)! :lol: :lol: :lol:
How about a Chow Hound (bassetXChow)

Or a... Cockweiler (CockerXRottie)

I have seen both, in person. I used to groom them! Chowhound looked like a LOOOONG short chow, Cockweiler looked like a tiny rotty, with long ears. No long hair, just long ears.
:lol: I have heard of a havacock....i know you are all laughing, but it's a havanese and cocker spaniel mix....strange the things people come up with! I wouldn't pay to get one of these mixes, altho they are cute. Wouldn't hesitate to adopt them from a shelter (like i did with my $hitbull...)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,813 Posts
And these dogs are being SOLD?
:roll:

Um.. what is the point of breeding an EB to a dalmation to get rid of their health issues when the result looks NOTHING like an EB? How about just getting a different breed of dog?

Every dalmation I have ever met were nasty, bad tempermented dogs..
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,504 Posts
My husband told someone he was going to breed a whippet and a bulldog and get bullwhips...he was of course, completely joking, but the person thought he was serious and got all excited :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
I agree that MOST dalmatians have bad temperments but not ALL of them thats just like saying every Pitbull is going to attack for no apparent reason. I think that dogs temperments do have something to do with their predisposition to act certain ways; but not everything. I think there temperments have more to do with the responsibility of the owner and there capabilites to train it. I also have a full blood boxer and my half-dalmatian is MUCH nicer than she is. He is well trained, very intelligent and incredibly sweet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,187 Posts
GRSNSMB said:
..... my half-dalmatian is MUCH nicer than she is. He is well trained, very intelligent and incredibly sweet.
But.. it's a half dalmation, not a dalmation.

Regarding this purposeful cross...there are other breeds already out there to improve the health of the english bulldog, while still looking like a bulldog. Valley Bulldogs, Renaissance Bulldogs, and Old English Bulldogs to name a few of the most established.

Breeding a dalmation and an english bulldog is just a ploy to sell dogs, not a genuine interest in preserving and bettering the Bulldogge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
I do agree that there probably was not a valid reason for breeding a Bullmatian. However the full blood dogs that most of us own were mixed with another dog to be created. In a Boxer magazine I own it says that breeding an English Bulldog and a Brabanter is what created a Boxer. My dog was not purposefully bred we bought him from farm owners who had a Dalmatian and English Bulldog it was not on purpose that they mated. I only paid 200 dollars for him! But after seeing his characteristics if something were to happen to him I would pay 10 times that or more if it meant that I would be able to own another dog of his breed. I truely love how unique he is and acts, I dont care if he's called a "mutt", or a "designer dog" he's part of our family. If people want to try to mix different breeds of dogs I don't understand why anyone would be against it. If they hadn't I wouldn't own the great dog I love so much today. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,187 Posts
GRSNSMB said:
If people want to try to mix different breeds of dogs I don't understand why anyone would be against it.
Shelter dogs are against it. Dog's on the table to be euthanized are against it. Dogs living on the street are against it.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top