Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our breeder told us when we picked up our Olde English Bulldogge puppy to feed adult food with 30% protein. But at our first vet check she said we should feed puppy food at least untill she's 12 months. She is 5 months and 29 pounds so the breeders feeding seems to be working but I want to do what's best for the little girl. any advice greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I have never fed puppy food, too much protein makes them grow alot faster, which is hard on bones and joints.

Its totally up to you, there is no wrong or right. Vets are supposed to say certain things, just like they recommend crap food like science diet etc.

·
Registered
380 Posts
gibboneylc said:
Our breeder told us when we picked up our Olde English Bulldogge puppy to feed adult food with 30% protein. But at our first vet check she said we should feed puppy food at least untill she's 12 months. She is 5 months and 29 pounds so the breeders feeding seems to be working but I want to do what's best for the little girl. any advice greatly appreciated.
Sometimes the breeder knows best. Don't feel guilty about the vet. The breeder has experience with the breed and what she breeds.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Everybody has there own opinions on what to feed and how long to feed.
I fed my male puppy till he was almost a year and i fed my pupppy puppy food till she was 5 or 6 months.I say its pretty much up to what you wanna do but i would say feeding puppy food dor a year is out the question. i would yank em of at 5 to 7 months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts