Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
I"m sorry for the devastating news. I wouldn't want to send him back to the breeder either. BTW does the breeder OFA? I wonder since you got such a double whammy on this dog.

Things I would do:

1. Find a group (dialogue, internet, etc) for people with dysplastic dogs. You'll need the support.

2. Learn everything you can about keeping a dysplastic dog healthy for as long as possible. These might include building ramps, swimming him to keep his muscles in good condtion without high impact exercise, etc.

3. Keep him skinny. Light is better on sore bones than heavy. I use Innova as well - I use the reduced fat (not lite - lite is air).

Keep us in the loop please.
Paula

·
Registered
979 Posts
Re: Breeder

ehackler said:
I can't say enough about the breeder. He has been so helpful and has already offered to take the dog off my hands and replace him with another pup. He also said that I could have another pup and keep my current dog which is what I'm torn between. If I keep him, how can I make his life as comfortable as possible. Also would there be any problems with having 2 males in the same yard with our female. Would the second male cause more stress in the yard and be more detrimental to the dogs well being?

Thanks again everyone for your kind words and thoughts
I wouldn't take another pup for a few reasons including:

1. This dog is going to be more costly than you expected.
2. It is going to be really hard to get two puppies to stop playing (to spare your painful puppy).
3. IMO having two untrained pups at the same time MIGHT be preferable to a bullet in the head but hot by much.

Paula

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.